I Won The Lottery!!

Decorating By Cakepro Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 2:03pm by twindees

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:46am
post #1 of 21

Okay, not the real lottery, but the cake lottery, big time. icon_biggrin.gif

This past weekend at the Austin Cake Show (www.thattakesthecake.org) I won not one but BOTH of the raffles for 2-day Debbie Brown classes! I could not believe it when my name was called as the winner of the first Debbie Brown class raffle, but I swear I nearly passed out when my name was called for the second Debbie Brown class raffle too!

So here I am in Austin, having just completed day 3 of my 4 days with Debbie. What a freaking amazing wonderful crazy thing!

I also got to visit with my idol, Nick Lodge (who shocked me when out of the blue he told me he remembered what class I took from him and where I took it a couple of years ago icon_surprised.gif), and he gifted me with the instructions and photos of the class he was teaching while I was in Debbie's class ~ *swoon* LOL! I got to meet & take photos with Elisa Strauss, who is such a sweetheart! It was so cool watching her do her demo, which was a box/lid/gumpaste tissue paper cake.

I don't think my heart has stopped skipping beats since I walked into the cake show this past Saturday. icon_biggrin.gif

OH SNAP, I almost forgot ~ I also got to take a sugar pulling & blowing class with Jacquy Pfeiffer of the French Pastry School on Sunday. Today we were treated to some of his incredibly beautiful and delicious pastries....pure heaven. I also got to chat with Bronwen Weber after her sculpting/airbrushing demo. She's such a hoot!

I just had to share my incredible good fortune with the only people in the world who understand what an amazing week this has been. icon_biggrin.gif It's been cake celebrity heaven!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

20 replies
kickasscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kickasscakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:51am
post #2 of 21

so lucky you are indeed. Something I only dream about!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:53am
post #3 of 21

How terribly exciting! Might as well be the real lottery...probably the same reaction either way. That's wonderful news!

laly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laly Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:53am
post #4 of 21

OMG, girl you really won the lottery!! Congratulations and I am very happy for you. I flew Sat. from Florida to Tn. to spend three days with Michelle Bommarito and I was just like you. I looked like a little kid when it goes to Toys R Us for the first time. I was in such a shock that I couldn't ask to many questions, but she was ready for them. She's the sweetest girl ever.
Keep learning and enjoying yourself!

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:54am
post #5 of 21

congratulations! wow, what a RED CaRPET of cake celebs.

justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:20pm
post #6 of 21

That is so exciting. Good for you!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:26pm
post #7 of 21

Whoa! I'm so jealous!! Congrats!

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:30pm
post #8 of 21

That's just the kind of stuff dreams are made of! What an absolute thrill for you --and for me just reading about it. Congratulations!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:13pm
post #9 of 21

So funny! Fan-girling over cake celebs!!! icon_lol.gif

Congratulations on your incredible good fortune! Take notes, or keep a diary to make sure you remember everything!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:45pm
post #10 of 21

wow...all that cake-royalty! Good for you! icon_biggrin.gif

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:02am
post #11 of 21

That is wonderful...I'm smiling just reading about all your wonderful surprises this week.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:11am
post #12 of 21

When I saw this post I thought how great a fellow cc'er won the lottery (of course I was thinking it was the PowerBall or something icon_wink.gif ) but this is fantastic too. I'd love to be in your shoes. If there was a lottery with just me and one other person pulled multiple times I still wouldn't win. Just my luck icon_razz.gif .
Anyway, congrats again and please post the work you did with Debbie, I'd love to see it.

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:25am
post #13 of 21

Woohooooo!!!! Cakepro, that's fantastic! You really did win the lottery because you got a TON of great instruction from one li'l old raffle!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 12:27am
post #14 of 21

I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing your hapiness with us.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:44am
post #15 of 21

I'm so happy for you (yet a little jealous) but 99.9% of me is just happy for you. icon_lol.gif
What a fantastic day!

gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:01am
post #16 of 21

Right now, if I won a money lottery, I would be flying all around the U.S., attending all those wonderful classes and seminars. Everything is so far away from where I live, and the cost of EVERYTHING, they may as well be on Mars! icon_rolleyes.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:18am
post #17 of 21

Thank you for all of your kind words! It's so great that you guys actually appreciate what a glorious week it was. icon_smile.gif

I just got home and unpacked and am EXHAUSTED! It was a very full four days (6 days including the cake show). LOL, I had to color 20 pounds of fondant in my hotel room - including 5 pounds of red! I wonder what the hotel staff thought of my weird trash and the blood-red stained washcloth I used to wipe down my vinyl mat. icon_eek.gif

All day yesterday we worked on ONE fondant figurine - the Ganesh from her latest book. I will post pictures later. icon_smile.gif

Debbie Brown is a wonderful teacher! If any of you ever have an opportunity to take a class from her, jump on it! Her work is freaking flawless.

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:31am
post #18 of 21

How exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:18am
post #19 of 21

Hey Cakepro, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing your Ganesh!

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 1:47pm
post #20 of 21

Congratulations, Cakepro! I thought about putting tickets in the class boxes, but I was already registered for Nick's Mon/Tues class which was AMAZING!! I saw you come into our class and shop, but I didn't know who you were. We were looking at the Persian Palace cakes - unbelievable. I will be anxious to see your pictures. Congratulations again!!

Martha

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 2:03pm
post #21 of 21

Congrats CakePro, that's just AWESOME NEWS.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%