Puppy Shower Cake

Decorating By Kathy4192 Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 2:19pm by TooMuchCake

Kathy4192 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:33am
post #1 of 17

Hi, a friend is doing a surprise Pupply Shower for her husband this month. I want to identify some great cake ideas, possible people who could make the cake, get a feel for cost, etc.

Any ideas anyone? I was thinking a bone shaped cake, and/or a bone shaped cake with the puppy's picture on it.

Thanks. Kathy

16 replies
patticakesnc Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:40am
post #2 of 17

maybe a cat LMAO!!!!!!!

Just kidding.

all4cake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:43am
post #3 of 17

I'm curious...what's a puppy shower?

FromScratch Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:50am
post #4 of 17

Awwwwe... they are getting a puppy and are throwing a shower for their new arrival. That is cute.

Are you looking for a baker? or are you going to be making the cake yourself? Will the puppy be with them for the shower? If so maybe a little dog cake for the new baby? Since pup's can't eat people cake that would be fun for him/her to have something. I had a dog and made him birthday cakes... liver cake with yogurt for frosting... not pretty, but he loved them. icon_wink.gif

If you are looking for someone to bake the cake for you we'd need to know where you are so bakers around you could say hi.

JessDesserts Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:51am
post #5 of 17

how about a dog bowl with kibble in it? maybe a collar around it? with the puppies name on the IDtag?

gl & HTH

patticakesnc Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:55am
post #6 of 17

Ok I think my humor was lost on that one....but seriously.....are you wanting the cake for the dog or for people? I have some great dog bone recipes...I do actually bake dog biscuits and dog food for my dogs. If interested PM me.

all4cake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:56am
post #7 of 17

ooooooooooooh, I get it now. Instead of a baby shower...a puppy shower. See...I was thinking maybe the pup was getting married but then I thought....hmmmmm...why would they be throwing a shower for the husband???? I got it! I got it!

all4cake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:00am
post #8 of 17

JessDesserts' idea...bowl of kibble, collar...maybe add a leash, a pooper scooper...puppy training pads...newspaper... puddles....

Susie53 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:06am
post #9 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4cake

JessDesserts' idea...bowl of kibble, collar...maybe add a leash, a pooper scooper...puppy training pads...newspaper... puddles....

Great ideas for a Puppy Shower! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:08am
post #10 of 17

You gotta be kidding. icon_confused.gif I cannot imagine being able to face my friends if I told them to buy me presents because I'm getting a dog. icon_eek.gif

But fortunately for the OP, there are folks who enjoy doing this and it results in a cake order for her! icon_biggrin.gif So power to ya, kid! thumbs_up.gif

all4cake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:21am
post #11 of 17

oh my...a chewed up shoe!!!! pillows with the stuffing out of 'em!!!! sad little face after it gets fussed at...aaaaaaaaaaw http://blog.impactmt.com/uploaded_images/sad-puppy-762581.JPG

all4cake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:23am
post #12 of 17

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay...this is off topic but it did come up when I was searching "sad puppy cakes"

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2009/01/OPRAH-CAKE.jpg

Susie53 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #13 of 17

Not sure what you're looking for, but this is a cute cake.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=462673

FromScratch Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:41pm
post #14 of 17

I think it would be cute to have a plain cake with some figure work on it. A little pup who has gone all around the house and chewed up shoes, newspapers, socks, toys, you name it and it sitting there looking like nothing is wrong... you know that classic puppy look. icon_wink.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:53pm
post #15 of 17

There's a "Congratulations on your new puppy" cake in my photos.

Deanna

Susie53 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:03pm
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

There's a "Congratulations on your new puppy" cake in my photos.

Deanna

I added your link last night! I love this cake...it's so cute! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:19pm
post #17 of 17

Thanks, Susie!

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%