Fun Ordering!

Baking By giraffe11 Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm by JGMB

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:57am
post #1 of 17

It has been months since I have purchased any new supplies and I just placed orders with Fancy Flours, Spinning Leaf, Culinary Stencils, CountryKitchenSA and Foose cookie cutters! I can't wait til the mail comes! icon_biggrin.gif
And now, having exhausted my small bit of discretionery cookie money for the next 6 months.......I am off to bed.
Hope everyone is planning up fun cookie projects.....I have been loving the cookie gallery lately.
I am doing St Patricks Day next!
Heather

16 replies
Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:02am
post #2 of 17

Lucky you!!! thumbs_up.gif

jukesbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jukesbox Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:03am
post #3 of 17

They are fast too! Not sure where you live, but orders I have placed with them got to me within a couple days. Global Sugar Arts is fast too. Have fun opening that order! I just love getting goodies in the mail!

SugarChic24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarChic24 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:14am
post #4 of 17

Global Sugar Art is fast!!! I needed something from them quick (1st order) and I decided to pay ALOT for 2nd day delivery. They called me the next day (a monday morning) and said that where I am I will be getting it 2nd day anyway and actually refunded me money! Stuff came that tuesday afternoon (OMG!). I appreciated their great customer service so much that now i use them almost exclusively. Great company!

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe11

Hope everyone is planning up fun cookie projects.....I have been loving the cookie gallery lately.
I am doing St Patricks Day next!
Heather

I've been loving all the cookies, too! My problem is that I can't seem to keep up with the new postings. Is it my imagination, or has the cookie gallery exploded in popularity lately? Woo hoo!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:08pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Is it my imagination, or has the cookie gallery exploded in popularity lately? Woo hoo!

Good grief - i know i am hooked on reading everything there is to read there.
So many ideas and beautiful things to stareeeeeeeeeeeeee at. icon_surprised.gif

Sad part is i have orders for cakes before i get spare time for cookies.
Altho in saying that - there is a little cafe down the road who wants me to do some samples for them and all going well i will get a regular order.
Best part is - i decide what shapes and what colours any given week.
How easy will that be - (hopefully very easy) thumbs_up.gif

I received an order from Lindy's Cakes in the UK last week -
*claps hands*
Received the wedding cake cutter, the crooked cake cutter, the teapot cutter AND the fan - also ordered her Cookie Book.
Gee she does some beautiful work -

Ohhh and i received the dress cutter.

Cannot wait to start -
Then i will be annouying you all and asking questions.
icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_wink.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:

Is it my imagination, or has the cookie gallery exploded in popularity lately? Woo hoo!

Good grief - i know i am hooked on reading everything there is to read there.
So many ideas and beautiful things to stareeeeeeeeeeeeee at. icon_surprised.gif

Sad part is i have orders for cakes before i get spare time for cookies.
Altho in saying that - there is a little cafe down the road who wants me to do some samples for them and all going well i will get a regular order.
Best part is - i decide what shapes and what colours any given week.
How easy will that be - (hopefully very easy) thumbs_up.gif

I received an order from Lindy's Cakes in the UK last week -
*claps hands*
Received the wedding cake cutter, the crooked cake cutter, the teapot cutter AND the fan - also ordered her Cookie Book.
Gee she does some beautiful work -

Ohhh and i received the dress cutter.

Cannot wait to start -
Then i will be annouying you all and asking questions.
icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_wink.gif

Annoy away! Just be sure to post pictures of your finished cookies!

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 17

I agree with Gemini-there seems to be a whole new excitement in the cookie forum-Love it!!!

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 17

Anytime I get around cookie stuff in a store like Michael's my heart starts racing and I bet I look at everything a hundred times before leaving that aisle. I don't buy much there but just being in the presence of cookie making stuff gives me a "high"! Is that ridiculous or what?!!!!!!

Have fun with your new stuff!!!!!!!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:28pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:

Annoy away! Just be sure to post pictures of your finished cookies!

lol - oh i will - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
have only made one batch this year - (in my photos)
Can't wait to try the RI and Flooding thing....
*bites knuckles in anticipation* icon_wink.gif

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:42pm
post #11 of 17

It's been awhile for me. I love ordering stuff.

I have some money in my pocket just burning a hole in it. I can't decide if I want new stencils, luster dust or some new cutters.

Someone actually made me take some cash for some cookies I did for them. They told me to get more cookie stuff!

What's a girl to do?

Cake & Bake,Pfeil &Holing,ASM cutters,culinary stencils Here I come!!!

sallene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sallene Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:34pm
post #12 of 17

How fun!

I ordered from copper gifts last week. I got a fairy princess cutter set (my daughters are having a "princess" b-day theme this year), a linzer set (for a tea that is coming up), and some of those awesome 2 oz and 8 oz decorator bottles than you can actually put tips on. I'm hoping those bottles will help me do away with decorating bags altogether, but I'll just have to see. I can't wait to try them all out. I almost ordered some stencils, but changed my mind at the last minute. I need to spread out my purchases. LOL

Off to check out Lindy's Cakes now!!! I just ordered Bake Me I'm Yours, Cupcake, but I think I might have to get the Cookie book too!

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm
post #13 of 17

I know exactly what you guys are talking about too!! When i was working a couple of years ago, i saved most of my money in order, order, order and order more supplies. I could not WAIT for the UPS guy to show up! Love getting packages.......especially new toys.
Now that i stopped working (home with the kids), it kills me when i go on those sites and i see things i REALLY want. It's like a kid in a candy store............

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:40pm
post #14 of 17

I just spent $100at Country Kitchen. All on cookie cutters and tips! My order should be here Monday. I feel like a child waiting on Santa! icon_redface.gif My husband gave me a $100 Visa gift card for Valentine's Day. My whole family knows to just give me money or gift cards so I can buy decorating stuff. I am totally hooked!

GeminiRJ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopeasinapod

I just spent $100at Country Kitchen. All on cookie cutters and tips! My order should be here Monday. I feel like a child waiting on Santa! icon_redface.gif My husband gave me a $100 Visa gift card for Valentine's Day. My whole family knows to just give me money or gift cards so I can buy decorating stuff. I am totally hooked!

I'm envious and happy for you at the same time! I'm guessing your Monday will be one glorious day!

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:11pm
post #16 of 17

Monday will be like Christmas morning. The only BAD thing is I have to go to work all day first! icon_cry.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm
post #17 of 17

I, too, just ordered something that I can't wait to get!!!! You've probably all seen "Stains the Cupcake Dog" on youtube. If not, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crTf2ZKCJjI&eurl=http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I ordered myself a T-shirt with a picture of him staring at the cupcakes on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%