Fun Ordering!

Baking By giraffe11 Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm by JGMB

giraffe11 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:57am
post #1 of 17

It has been months since I have purchased any new supplies and I just placed orders with Fancy Flours, Spinning Leaf, Culinary Stencils, CountryKitchenSA and Foose cookie cutters! I can't wait til the mail comes! icon_biggrin.gif
And now, having exhausted my small bit of discretionery cookie money for the next 6 months.......I am off to bed.
Hope everyone is planning up fun cookie projects.....I have been loving the cookie gallery lately.
I am doing St Patricks Day next!
Heather

16 replies
Susie53 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:02am
post #2 of 17

Lucky you!!! thumbs_up.gif

jukesbox Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:03am
post #3 of 17

They are fast too! Not sure where you live, but orders I have placed with them got to me within a couple days. Global Sugar Arts is fast too. Have fun opening that order! I just love getting goodies in the mail!

SugarChic24 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:14am
post #4 of 17

Global Sugar Art is fast!!! I needed something from them quick (1st order) and I decided to pay ALOT for 2nd day delivery. They called me the next day (a monday morning) and said that where I am I will be getting it 2nd day anyway and actually refunded me money! Stuff came that tuesday afternoon (OMG!). I appreciated their great customer service so much that now i use them almost exclusively. Great company!

GeminiRJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:47pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe11

Hope everyone is planning up fun cookie projects.....I have been loving the cookie gallery lately.
I am doing St Patricks Day next!
Heather

I've been loving all the cookies, too! My problem is that I can't seem to keep up with the new postings. Is it my imagination, or has the cookie gallery exploded in popularity lately? Woo hoo!

Bluehue Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:08pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Is it my imagination, or has the cookie gallery exploded in popularity lately? Woo hoo!

Good grief - i know i am hooked on reading everything there is to read there.
So many ideas and beautiful things to stareeeeeeeeeeeeee at. icon_surprised.gif

Sad part is i have orders for cakes before i get spare time for cookies.
Altho in saying that - there is a little cafe down the road who wants me to do some samples for them and all going well i will get a regular order.
Best part is - i decide what shapes and what colours any given week.
How easy will that be - (hopefully very easy) thumbs_up.gif

I received an order from Lindy's Cakes in the UK last week -
*claps hands*
Received the wedding cake cutter, the crooked cake cutter, the teapot cutter AND the fan - also ordered her Cookie Book.
Gee she does some beautiful work -

Ohhh and i received the dress cutter.

Cannot wait to start -
Then i will be annouying you all and asking questions.
icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_wink.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:11pm
post #7 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Quote:

Is it my imagination, or has the cookie gallery exploded in popularity lately? Woo hoo!

Good grief - i know i am hooked on reading everything there is to read there.
So many ideas and beautiful things to stareeeeeeeeeeeeee at. icon_surprised.gif

Sad part is i have orders for cakes before i get spare time for cookies.
Altho in saying that - there is a little cafe down the road who wants me to do some samples for them and all going well i will get a regular order.
Best part is - i decide what shapes and what colours any given week.
How easy will that be - (hopefully very easy) thumbs_up.gif

I received an order from Lindy's Cakes in the UK last week -
*claps hands*
Received the wedding cake cutter, the crooked cake cutter, the teapot cutter AND the fan - also ordered her Cookie Book.
Gee she does some beautiful work -

Ohhh and i received the dress cutter.

Cannot wait to start -
Then i will be annouying you all and asking questions.
icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_wink.gif

Annoy away! Just be sure to post pictures of your finished cookies!

yankeegal Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:22pm
post #8 of 17

I agree with Gemini-there seems to be a whole new excitement in the cookie forum-Love it!!!

bakinccc Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:24pm
post #9 of 17

Anytime I get around cookie stuff in a store like Michael's my heart starts racing and I bet I look at everything a hundred times before leaving that aisle. I don't buy much there but just being in the presence of cookie making stuff gives me a "high"! Is that ridiculous or what?!!!!!!

Have fun with your new stuff!!!!!!!

Bluehue Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:28pm
post #10 of 17
Quote:

Annoy away! Just be sure to post pictures of your finished cookies!

lol - oh i will - icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
have only made one batch this year - (in my photos)
Can't wait to try the RI and Flooding thing....
*bites knuckles in anticipation* icon_wink.gif

cookiemookie Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:42pm
post #11 of 17

It's been awhile for me. I love ordering stuff.

I have some money in my pocket just burning a hole in it. I can't decide if I want new stencils, luster dust or some new cutters.

Someone actually made me take some cash for some cookies I did for them. They told me to get more cookie stuff!

What's a girl to do?

Cake & Bake,Pfeil &Holing,ASM cutters,culinary stencils Here I come!!!

sallene Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:34pm
post #12 of 17

How fun!

I ordered from copper gifts last week. I got a fairy princess cutter set (my daughters are having a "princess" b-day theme this year), a linzer set (for a tea that is coming up), and some of those awesome 2 oz and 8 oz decorator bottles than you can actually put tips on. I'm hoping those bottles will help me do away with decorating bags altogether, but I'll just have to see. I can't wait to try them all out. I almost ordered some stencils, but changed my mind at the last minute. I need to spread out my purchases. LOL

Off to check out Lindy's Cakes now!!! I just ordered Bake Me I'm Yours, Cupcake, but I think I might have to get the Cookie book too!

luv2bake6 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 11:48pm
post #13 of 17

I know exactly what you guys are talking about too!! When i was working a couple of years ago, i saved most of my money in order, order, order and order more supplies. I could not WAIT for the UPS guy to show up! Love getting packages.......especially new toys.
Now that i stopped working (home with the kids), it kills me when i go on those sites and i see things i REALLY want. It's like a kid in a candy store............

Twopeasinapod Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:40pm
post #14 of 17

I just spent $100at Country Kitchen. All on cookie cutters and tips! My order should be here Monday. I feel like a child waiting on Santa! icon_redface.gif My husband gave me a $100 Visa gift card for Valentine's Day. My whole family knows to just give me money or gift cards so I can buy decorating stuff. I am totally hooked!

GeminiRJ Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twopeasinapod

I just spent $100at Country Kitchen. All on cookie cutters and tips! My order should be here Monday. I feel like a child waiting on Santa! icon_redface.gif My husband gave me a $100 Visa gift card for Valentine's Day. My whole family knows to just give me money or gift cards so I can buy decorating stuff. I am totally hooked!

I'm envious and happy for you at the same time! I'm guessing your Monday will be one glorious day!

Twopeasinapod Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:11pm
post #16 of 17

Monday will be like Christmas morning. The only BAD thing is I have to go to work all day first! icon_cry.gif

JGMB Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm
post #17 of 17

I, too, just ordered something that I can't wait to get!!!! You've probably all seen "Stains the Cupcake Dog" on youtube. If not, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crTf2ZKCJjI&eurl=http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I ordered myself a T-shirt with a picture of him staring at the cupcakes on it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%