Anybody Know How I Can Get One Of These?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 3 Apr 2009 , 12:53am by mcook1670

emiyeric Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:57am
post #1 of 17

I have been wanting one of those round topsy cake studies from Bronwen Weber, which are normally available through (or something along those lines, don't have the website in front of me just now). My oldest munchkin is having a "Martial Arts"-themed party, which we will hold at his karate school, and I want to make him a few dragon cakes to mount one on top of the other, since we are having a bunch of people (school and karate school kids with their parents) but no other food besides the cake (not allowed anything but drinks and cake!). But now that I've put together enough money to get the cake study, the @#R@#$!#@$#%$ thing is out of stock through the site! Does anybody know of any other place to get one?

Thanks in advance! icon_smile.gif


16 replies
pastrychef22 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #2 of 17

I am wondering what it is exactly you are looking for. I think this may be something that i am interested in.

minerva16 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:19am
post #3 of 17

Here is a website to try - unfortunately, they are sold out of the round as well.

Good luck,


emiyeric Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:36am
post #4 of 17

Don't think the link worked, minerva16 ... I tried looking it up on globalsugarart, though, and couldn't find it either! icon_sad.gif Pastrychef22, it's basically PVC piping with three plates that lock onto it, and which is flexible enough to move those plates to achieve a topsy turvy look.


Charmed Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:15pm
post #5 of 17

Is this what you are looking for?

http:// www.caljavaonline. com/ cakestudy1-bround-lg.htm

Rylan Posted 30 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #6 of 17


emiyeric Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 8:22pm
post #7 of 17

Yes, that's exactly the one!

muddpuppy Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 8:36pm
post #8 of 17

OMG!!! That's awesome!! I need that!!

ClassyMommy Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 9:13pm
post #9 of 17

Have you thought about contacting the manufacturer? Maybe they sell them through a catalog or something?

SugarFrosted Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 9:20pm
post #10 of 17

Why is it called a Cake Study? Does anyone know? Seems to me Cake Steady is a more accurate term.

GenGen Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 9:36pm
post #11 of 17

i can't get either one of those links to work icon_sad.gif

SugarFrosted Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 9:44pm
post #12 of 17
Originally Posted by GenGen

i can't get either one of those links to work icon_sad.gif

you'll need to copy and paste the caljava link into your browser, then remove all the spaces before you hit enter

emiyeric Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:09am
post #13 of 17

I actgually have contacted the manufacturer, and it's been a rather convoluted mess ... there's a chance the actual artisan who puts this together might be able to churn out an extra one to tag onto his next large order, but it'll be awhile. I'll keep you posted! icon_smile.gif

GenGen Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:15am
post #14 of 17

ah i did the copypaste.. didn't know about the spaces lol

ok 2nd one works, first one still no soap sorry *thanks

mcook1670 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:23am
post #15 of 17


mcook1670 Posted 1 Apr 2009 , 2:30am
post #16 of 17

sorry..most post got deleted some how. It looks like it is made out of pvc. I would think if you took a pic to your local hardware store and go down the plumbing isle they can help you pick out everything you need. My only thought is how to make a hole in a plastic plate. I don't know if it would crack or not if you drilled a hole. Well I guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow

mcook1670 Posted 3 Apr 2009 , 12:53am
post #17 of 17

I ended up making my own version for about $20. in materials it was pretty simple to make. I'll post a picture of mine tomorrow and if you want instructions just pm me

Quote by @%username% on %date%