Kudos To Wedding Wire . Com!!

Business By indydebi Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm by yelle66

indydebi Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:30am
post #1 of 19

Wedding Wire is a wedding website (A Martha Steward affilliate). I'm on there. I get a notice that I have a new review that's been posted. I have all 5.0's (on a scale of 1-5) except for one, which is not really a big issue.

So this new one ...... it's a 0.0!!! icon_surprised.gif The person put on there that I was very unprofessional, the cakes tasted terrible, ("....yes, they are pretty but very dry and tasteless."). I mean I was shocked!

Then I noticed this person does not list a name, the wedding date is shown as "last year" ... no way for me to identify them.

So I disputed it. Told Wedding Wire that I have no idea who this person is, they are not allowing themselves to be identified, and I have had no issues with past brides, so I do not believe this is a legitimate review.

They took it off immediately, checked it out and came back a few days later and told me they found it to be a fraudulent review.

So kudos to Wedding Wire and their efforts to keep everything top notch on their website! thumbs_up.gif I know I'm glad they put the effort out for me!

18 replies
Cookie45 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:37am
post #2 of 19

Kudos to you for being so quick to deal with the situation. Honestly, it stinks that this can happen. I am glad for you that it has resolved.

costumeczar Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:50am
post #3 of 19

Good for them...I recently had a similar issue with a post on the Knot, and I emailed them to ask them to take it down. I had no idea who the person posting it was, and I told them that one of the reasons that I didn't advertise with them anymore was that I'd seen too many situations described by brides who didn't tell the whole story, then slammed a vendor. To their credit, they took the post down right away.

I'm glad you noticed that bad review, I hardly ever see my wedding wire page, so I don't know if I'd notice if someone did that on my reviews page!

indydebi Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:54am
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I hardly ever see my wedding wire page, so I don't know if I'd notice if someone did that on my reviews page!

I get an email everytime someone posts a new one, to let me know. Without that, I'd be like you .... I'd only see it god knows how long after it was posted.

jillmakescakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:51am
post #5 of 19

Good for you Debi! We have enough work to do without some yahoo trying to badmouth us! And, good for wedding wire...its nice to know they don't take the "we don't monitor.." stance.

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:12am
post #6 of 19

I love weddingwire! They do a great job. We just got our 39th review yesterday and fortunately we haven't had to dispute any yet... but I'm sure the time will come.Fortunately I have always heard they are quick to respond.

Congrats on getting it corrected so quickly!!

cakesdivine Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:17am
post #7 of 19

I don't think I have any reviews on wedding wire...I'll have to go check & see.

cakesdivine Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:30am
post #8 of 19

I have one...and honestly I don't think I did this wedding, If I did, it couldn't have been a traditional stacked cake, Must have been a 2 layer round or a sheet cake, as I have never delivered a cake to the venue she lists as where her wedding took place, nor do I allow customers to pick up their tiered cakes! Good review, not going to mess with it LOL!

FromScratch Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:57pm
post #9 of 19

That's great to hear Debi. I haven't had much luck with Wedding Wire. It's a great site, but the leads them send me are all for way out of an economical delivery range and mostly for over a year out. And most of the budgets are WAY too low for me. I got one last night that wanted cake for 125 for $150. Yeah... NO. icon_lol.gif

I don't have any reviews with them... I haven't done a cake from a lead I got through them and I hate pimping testimonials from people. I just can't bring myself to ask someone to give me a review.

Tomoore Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:15pm
post #10 of 19

I haven't actively participated in the bidding system on this site for the reasons you cited, Jkalman. I kept getting emails, though, telling me that I had leads, so I decided to log on. I notice there's some sort of "cost" for reviewing a bid now? I just logged out...didn't even bother to try to figure it out. Anyone know what the deal is with this? Once you run out of the points that you already have, how do you get more...by paying?

FromScratch Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:37pm
post #11 of 19

Yes.. you pay for the leads. They did them for free while they were testing the BETA version of the site and now it's a pay site. All lead generator sites are going to charge you for the leads... that's how they make their money. Leads are cheap though. I haven't run out of points though because the number of leads I get that I can actually use are pretty low. It costs 3 credits per lead and you only pay if you want the lead. They sell the leads to 5 vendors at a time. There are other sites out there that do the same thing... I am going to look into others because the way Wedding Wire has me placed, I get leads from all over MA and very little in NH. I mean I am on the NH seacoast... there's no way someone living in Worchester or South Boston is going to want to pay the delivery fee for me to bring them a cake. If they could break up the North East into smaller regions when pairing up the leads it would be a much better service. So many leads that I have from them are at least 2 hours away.

I just noticed that you joined the site on my birthday Toni.. icon_lol.gif

cakelady15 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:48pm
post #12 of 19

I read this post and I decided I should see if I had any reviews. I have a really good review from someone who had their wedding in June of last year and they said my company did a great job with their cake. I didn't open until July of last year though icon_confused.gif Oh well, at least it was goodicon_smile.gif

Tomoore Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:18pm
post #13 of 19

Thanks, Jeanne. I'll check it out further.

That's cool! (Joining on your bday!) Did your put you awesome petshop cake on here?!

FromScratch Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:56pm
post #14 of 19

Yes I did.. icon_smile.gif She's in my photos.

PieceofCakeAZ Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:32am
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoore

I haven't actively participated in the bidding system on this site for the reasons you cited, Jkalman. I kept getting emails, though, telling me that I had leads, so I decided to log on. I notice there's some sort of "cost" for reviewing a bid now? I just logged out...didn't even bother to try to figure it out. Anyone know what the deal is with this? Once you run out of the points that you already have, how do you get more...by paying?

Admittedly I have never responded to a weddingwire lead.. I read them but it seems like most of the time the bride sends a direct email request to us as well...which is nice.

Kitagrl Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 1:00am
post #16 of 19

I have been purchasing WeddingWire leads (if it looks good...not the $1/serving brides!!!) because I have seen a few feedbacks from them. Got one wedding there back when it was free, and then got a lead who almost booked a tasting but changed her mind and decided to go with her caterer's cake instead (of course.) Anyway I was kinda glad because she wanted to taste like 5 different flavors in her tasting. icon_confused.gif

I have changed my tasting policy (now its free, but they can't choose flavor, I think that's thanks to IndyDebi!) so hopefully I can attract a few more brides as I feel I have possibly chased a couple off with my former tasting fee...although I did let them custom choose their flavors.

I have another pay per lead thingy going on but can't remember where it is. I wasn't going to do it but I got some kind of lead claiming they wanted a really expensive cake so I figured it wouldn't hurt to stick twenty bucks down on the site.

I have been getting emails from The Knot too, but no responses to my emails to the brides.

Seriously my best leads have been from people just surfing the 'net in their own way, and in their own time....they find my website and call.

That and I'm starting to donate cakes here and there around town....I made a throwdown cake and then donated it to the pediatric ER break room at the hospital where we take our kids occasionally...this week plan to donate something to the local police dept. (Wouldn't hurt to sweeten them up anyway right? Just in case I speed or something...haha j/k) Already got a small cake order from the ER hospital this week.

Anyway....I'm in a chatty mood tonight...waiting for some icing to set.... I do like WeddingWire!

Jenn2179 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:32pm
post #17 of 19

I am on wedding wire too. Never paid for a lead but do ask that my brides review me there so that other brides have a place to look for reviews.

yelle66 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:45pm
post #18 of 19

Well good! I'm so glad they took that off. I agree Weddingwire is pretty awesome. I did put up a Weddingwire profile, but haven't had any reviews yet (have only done one wedding) and I am super impressed with how nice the site looks and the fact that you can be on there for free. I had someone locally quote me $100 a month to be on their site. Yeah right! I can't afford that!

Danielle

yelle66 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:47pm
post #19 of 19

Oh and Debi, I have to wonder if it wasn't your competition posting that. Sneaks. icon_wink.gif

Danielle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%