35 Elmo Cupcakes-How Much?

Decorating By AngiesIdea Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 1:48am by AngiesIdea

AngiesIdea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngiesIdea Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:39pm
post #1 of 5

I live in SE Michigan and I have no idea how much custom cupcakes go for. Sorry! icon_redface.gif What do you think?

Thanks!
Angie

4 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:51pm
post #2 of 5

All I can tell you is those little buggers take forever! I've done them twice, and there are a lot of steps. Make sure you compensate for your time... Have you Googled local bakeries to see how much their cupcakes are?

AngiesIdea Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

All I can tell you is those little buggers take forever! I've done them twice, and there are a lot of steps. Make sure you compensate for your time... Have you Googled local bakeries to see how much their cupcakes are?

Haven't done that yet but I will. I was thinking of charging $60.00. That would bring them to 1.70 each. She always requesting pound cakes so I don't want to go too hard on the price. However, I'm not looking forward to the work ahead of me!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:58pm
post #4 of 5

I would charge $2/piece... you need red icing, white, black and orange, and a different size tip for each color... it really is a lot of work. Also, that $10 price difference probably won't make or break the customer icon_smile.gif
Good luck!

AngiesIdea Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:48am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

I would charge $2/piece... you need red icing, white, black and orange, and a different size tip for each color... it really is a lot of work. Also, that $10 price difference probably won't make or break the customer icon_smile.gif
Good luck!

Thanks FoxyMomma521! Do you mind sharing your method of making his face? I'd really appreciate it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%