Ideas For Dukes Of Hazzard Meets Cinderella??

Decorating By Swede-cakes Updated 31 Mar 2009 , 3:07am by dandelion56602

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 15

I need everyone to put their thinking caps on for this one. I've an order for a bday cake for 16 and 18 y.o. girls who are sharing a party. The theme is Western/Dukes meets Cinderella, and they've ordered cowboy hats with tiara detail on them. They like the Sweet 16 cake I did with hot pink and zebra stripes but are trying to combine the Dukes thing with it.

Any ideas? I swear I can smell the wood burning, so someone out there has an idea forming already! icon_lol.gif

Thanks!

14 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:54pm
post #2 of 15

I thnk I would make eachof them thier own smaller cake. I have had twins several times when I did 2 10" square cakes. I think blending these 2 themes is going to end up on Cake Wrecks.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:01am
post #3 of 15

Do you think you could copy the cowboy hat with tiarra detail for the cake?

nolee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nolee Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:03am
post #4 of 15

This could be an incredibly fun cake to do!! I picture Cinderella hanging out of the General Lee! You could do it with a carved cake and a Cinderella pick.

Way out in left field, I know, but wouldn't that be cool?!

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:19am
post #5 of 15

How about Cinderella in her pumpkin carriage that is painted up like the General Lee!! lol.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:21am
post #6 of 15

I was also going to suggest Cinderella in the General Lee, but I love the pumpkin-painted-like-the-Gen'l-Lee, too!

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:28am
post #7 of 15

princess.gifcowboy.gif

I don't have any ideas, but HAD to check out this thread because the title made me laugh.

A General Lee Pumpkin sounds hilarious!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #8 of 15

LOL...too cute! A General Lee Pumpkin.....with Cinderella doin' the hood slide in her gown...oh wait...a pumpkin wouldn't have a hood to slide across, would it?

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:34am
post #9 of 15

If they just want a stacked cake, how about doing the bottom layer orange with 01 on it like the Gen. Lee with a pillow on top and a glass slipper on top of the pillow?

BCJean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BCJean Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:44am
post #10 of 15

You could make the cake like the steps going up to the castle and have Cinderella going up the steps...and at the top have one of the Dukes waiting for her.

cre8ivemary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cre8ivemary Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:59am
post #11 of 15

lol icon_lol.gif How bout Cinderella w/a cowboyhat & in light blue daisy dukes standing in front of the general lee or sitting on it doing her daisy pose holding the tierra in her hand like she did an exchange for the cowboy hat... icon_lol.gif hmmm...maybe.....just a thought

cre8ivemary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cre8ivemary Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #12 of 15

or Cinderella driving a large slipper looking like general lee w/ her hand up in the air w/the cowboy hat or throwing out her bottom part of her dress.... and for bottom tier would be the clock face....IDK icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif just sounds fun throwing some ideas out there.

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:24am
post #13 of 15

Do Cinderella in her pumpkin, but instead of horses, have it be pulled by the General Lee... Perhaps with a distraught/surprised expression on her face... Two cakes, only attatched by the "reins"... icon_biggrin.gif

Swede-cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Swede-cakes Posted 29 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #14 of 15

WOW! You guys are rockin' with awesome ideas! For some reason, I didn't get any notification that responses were posted...

What a hoot! Thank you so much for the advice, and giving me a chuckle at the visuals in my head!

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 3:07am
post #15 of 15

I too was thinking of the carriage painted like the General Lee. Maybe Cinderella wearing a cowboyhat & holding a tiara or vice versa, or wearing a cowboy hat w/ a tiara wrapped around it. In a ball gown w/ some good ole' cowboy boots

If you're wanting a tiered cake. One orange w/ the 01, another white w/ the quilted impression mat & pearls. The top could be cake or gumpaste, a cowboy hat w/ a RI tiara leaning against it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%