Comedy And Tragedy Mask

Decorating By cakediva2008 Updated 10 Mar 2009 , 10:02am by PatricesPieces

cakediva2008 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 6

My son wants a cake with the comedy and tragedy theater mask for his birthday on Monday. Can anyone tell me where to get a pattern big enough to make the masks in fondant or carve the cakes.

5 replies
2txmedics Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 6

I just bought a plastic mask at hobby lobby on clearance ar hobby lobby...those masks they sell are plastic,,,sold 2 glue feathers on them 4 mardi gr.

Bascially the mask is sold plain...I bought it thinking I could use it for a mardi gr. theme on a cake one was 66%clearance...and then I could decorate the gumpaste or fondant, using it as a mold.

hope this helps.

cakediva2008 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 6

I will go by Hobby Lobby and see if they have them here.

jo_ann Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 6

I have a picture on some I did for a mardi gras b'day cake in my photos. If you have any questions let me know.

PatricesPieces Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:01am
post #5 of 6

I went to a costume shop and got some plain face masks. I used these as forms to lay the gumpaste on to form each mask. Check out my photos for several masks. I love them...spend lots of time making masks. If you google an image of comedy/tradgedy you can print it out then resize it to fit your mask form. Roll out the gumpaste and lay over the mask form. I cut the shape right on the form. Hope this makes sense. If you have any questions, just PM me. I will be happy to give you some tips.

Have fun, and post the pics.

PatricesPieces Posted 10 Mar 2009 , 10:02am
post #6 of 6

oops...guess I should have paid more attention to the date. I"m a bit late. Sorry about that...

Quote by @%username% on %date%