He Is Well Trained!

Decorating By bigsisof3kids Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm by janelwaters

bigsisof3kids Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 3

Let me first say that I have 6 siblings, 5 of which are 7yo and under. So I'm always worried that one of the kids are going to dig their little hands into a cake of mine. I've always told them, whenever they come around me when I'm working on a cake, that they are NOT allowed to touch it.

For my brother's 2nd birthday cake, I made Elmo in a baseball uniform (he loves Elmo and baseball). All day he had been in and out of the kitchen watching me, and I kept reminding him that he's not allowed to touch it.

Later, after we had sung "Happy Birthday" to him and the candles had been blown out, everyone encouraged him to dig his hands in his cake and eat some. But he just sat there looking at everyone, like they were crazy! And then said - "No touch cake!" Bless his little heart, at least he learned something from me, lol! I told him it was okay (poor kid, talk about mixed messages) and he ever so slowly touched the tip of his finger on the frosting and tasted it. all while looking at me, to make sure it was okay. It was SO Cute!

Anyway, thought I thought someone out there might get a kick out of it... icon_lol.gif

2 replies
BREN28 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 3

awwww...thats so cute!! what a good boy,listening and minding his big sis! thumbs_up.gif

janelwaters Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:07pm
post #3 of 3

Oh my gosh! that is SO cute!! Wish my 2yo would listen like that!! I have told her OVER AND OVER "don't touch mommy's cake!" - she doesn't listen!!!

I have caught her so many times RIGHT before her little finger goes into the side of the cake!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%