Chunky Smbc

Decorating By aswartzw Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 7:47am by soygurl

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 4

I've been making lots of SMBC lately and everytime I end up with butter chunks in my BC. Then I can't pipe with it. And I really don't like seeing butter chunks in my BC. I normally use the whip for incorporating everything. Will the paddle fix this? Should I let my butter sit out longer? I normally take it out and cut it while the eggs/sugar mixture is on the stove.

Please, help! icon_confused.gif

3 replies
soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 4

Oh yeah, I really doubt that's enough time to let the butter soften all the way. It should be VERY soft! If you don't have enough time to wait for it to soften all the way, you can put pretty cold butter in a bowl with the paddle attachment and start it on low. As the butter gets worked it will soften, and you can raise the speed. I usually beat my butter until it's supper fluffy and almost white in color, but just beating until it's supper soft would be fine too. It really helps to have more than one mixing bowl so you can be beating the butter in one, and cooking the whites and sugar in another.
Oh, and I've never done it, but some people swear by grating cold butter with a (large holes) cheese grater to get it to soften faster. thumbs_up.gif

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 4

I've really been wanting to invest in a new bowl; guess I have a valid reason now. icon_biggrin.gif

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:47am
post #4 of 4

Haha, you'll wonder how you ever lived without it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%