Ka Mixer Repair Shop?

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm by MBHazel

BlondiezBakery Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:46pm
post #1 of 7

My KA 5qt pro mixer has some major issues. I bought it back in August of 2007, so it is not that old.

I feel like it may have been a return when I got it, because it was missing some pieces and went downhill fast.

The lever is hard to use now, in addition to it makes the most awful noise when it is on.

Do you know if I can take it to a repair shop? Is it worth it?

6 replies
MBHazel Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 7

I had my 22 year old KA repaired last year at a certified KA repair shop. The gears had given out, it cost me about 100.00. Certainly more than the mixer was worth on the open market. But, I brought a new one and the repaired one is my back up.

By the way, just for fun, you might want to do a little on line research on problems with KAs. When I was buying my new one early last year, I found that a number of peoeple were having issues with some that had been purchased around the time of yours. I learned that KA had put in some type of plastic housing (I think gear housing) that would break. There is info about serial numbers that were effected. If that is what is wrong with yours you might still want to try and go babck to KA. You might get lucky.

MBHazel Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:14pm
post #3 of 7

Blondiez--- I forgot to mention alot of the complaints were about the 5qt Pro. Same as the one I brought, but I went by the serial numbers to make sure I got the model with the beefed up metal housing.

BlondiezBakery Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:22pm
post #4 of 7

Wow...thanks for all of the great information!

MBHazel Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:01pm
post #5 of 7

No problem! Let me know if anything works out for you!

BlondiezBakery Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 7

I just emailed KA with my serial number and model number, so hopefully I will get some good news back. icon_smile.gif Worst case scenario I will take it to a repair shop. icon_sad.gif

If I have to get a new one (hypothetical)....any recommendations on the one to get?

MBHazel Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 7

I've always been a KA girl, since I had one that lasted (with no issues) for 22 years. After reading all that I did when I was buying a new one, I was a little uneasy.

If I have to buy a new one later on I might venture out to another brand. I would have to give it a lot of thought since I have all these attachments add bowls and stuff. All that adds up.

Good Luck!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%