Ices Chicago - New Cake Technique To Learn If Won Lottery

Decorating By quilting2011 Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 5:09pm by Loucinda

quilting2011 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:10am
post #1 of 4

Hi I can't afford to go to ICES due to job layoff. If I win the lotto I would want take a demo on pulled sugar, truffel classes and chocolate inlay.
Also maybe take classes at the French Pastry school in Chicago

If any of you are sighning for ICES what demos you want to learn or classes you plan to take.

You don't have to list the teacher-just goals you want to learn.

I would also "shop till I drop in the vedor hall.

Just wishfull thinking.

3 replies
CHoxie Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:29pm
post #2 of 4

I was looking into going, just to see the cakes and the vendor gallery. As a small starter, I can't see paying $50.00 just to get in and look at the cakes and vendors. icon_eek.gif

Shame, cause it is really close to where i work and live. I have been searching and I can't seem to find other shows in the area. icon_cry.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:17am
post #3 of 4

I can only say that the $50 may be some of the best you can spend when it comes to finding tools and inspiration--it's a bargain!

You'll see more than 100 cakes and techniques. You'll also save a ton on shipping when it comes to buying all kinds of things--cutters, fondant, Cel & FMM, JEM products that you generally buy from England.
You can spend $50 on shipping in a heartbeat.

Hope you're able to make it!
Rae

Loucinda Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 4

I'm going (my first time!) - taking all of the hands on and demos that time allows me to!!

BTW - looking for ladies who might be interested in sharing room costs, pm me if interested.

Can't wait!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%