Soccer Jersey Cake

Decorating By cakelass Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 3:22am by cakelass

cakelass Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:09am
post #1 of 5

I was after either a link or advice as to how I go about making a soccer jersey cake. Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

4 replies
veejaytx Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:12am
post #2 of 5

It isn't a soccer jersey, but I have a t-shirt in my photos. I believe I baked two 9 x 13's, cut off a section of the second one to make the sleeves by cutting at an angle to fit against the body of the shirt. Hope that makes some sense and helps a little.

Don't remember for sure what I did with the rest of the second cake, it has been a while, but I may have added some of it to the first one to make the body of the shirt longer.

cakelass Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you for your reply

tracey1970 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:49am
post #4 of 5

I have a Glasgow Rangers jersey in my photos. I made a rectangle sheet cake and carved it down from there. It was for someone who isn't a big fondant fan, or I probably would have covered it in fondant. Instead, I iced it in buttercream and did fondant accents. I did the jersey back, but if I'd had more time, I might have done a front, with more of a logo to it than just the "RFC" logo I did. There are lots and lots of soccer/football jerseys on this site under the Galleries "Sports - Soccer."

cakelass Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:22am
post #5 of 5

Thankyou Tracy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%