Supply Shops In Fl

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 6:14am by gscout73

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 16

I live in SC, and there are NO shops near me. I'm vacationing this coming week in Melbourne, Fl, and was wondering if there are any supply shops on the way down there. Tried google, but not much game up. I know fondant source is in Kissimmee, but IDK if they have an actual store. Please no Michael's type stores. Please recommend any good stores with lots of variety(ie satin ice fondant, tools, good pans, etc.) TIA=)

15 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 16

Gee, I wish I could help. I don't know about that area. I am further south in Palm Beach county and we have a terrific shop - Cakes, Etc. This will give you a bump and maybe someone in that area can give you a suggestion.

Come on, Floridians...... I know you're out there..... icon_wink.gif

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 16

McKedee's Create a Cake is in Jacksonville on Blanding Blvd close to both i-95 or I295. Here's there website. If there is something special you need - you'd could call and make sure they have it. They also do special orders.

http://www.createacakeshop.com/

gscout73 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:11pm
post #4 of 16

Okay, this looks promising.... check this out, it is in kissimmee.

http://www.dandgoccasions.net/products-and-services.html

Good luck thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayakado

McKedee's Create a Cake is in Jacksonville on Blanding Blvd close to both i-95 or I295. Here's there website. If there is something special you need - you'd could call and make sure they have it. They also do special orders.

http://www.createacakeshop.com/

OK! Thats like 5-10 mins from me! WHERE HAVE I BEEN?!?!?!?! icon_lol.gif

Sorry I cant help bamcakes - I didnt even know ^^^^ one!!
*but Im so excited coz NOW I do!!

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 16

Thank you all so much for your helpicon_smile.gif I just want to stock up on some satin ice, and other little things. I hate waiting for things to be shipped icon_smile.gif
I am actually driving right by Jacksonville, and I'll be in West Palm to visit some family while I'm down there. I'll probably check out both of those storesicon_smile.gif
I thought I read something about fondant source having an actual store, but I couldn't find the info again the other day when I looked.

Thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

I Love this website, everyone is so nice and helpfulicon_smile.gif

GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:20pm
post #7 of 16

Good Luck finding what ever your desires are ... and have a safe trip!! Wave as you go thru/past Jax! Happy Traveling!

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 16

As an avid customer of McKendree's, they do not stock alot of Satin Ice if that is what you are going after. He has a really small store but is MORE than willing to order anything you might be looking for and saves you on the shipping. He can also get things in quite fast too! Super nice to deal with~ Oh and just an FYI, they are closed on Sunday and Mondays.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:39pm
post #9 of 16

I like Create A Cake for things that I need to grab and go, things that i run out of etc. But I LOVE JESTERS!! (fondant source!) - I have been to their store in Kissimmee - HOLY COW! It is HUGE! HUGE! HUGE!!!!!!! Make sure you have PLENTY of time to wander around and look through everything!!

Their prices online are AMAZING!!!

Good luck! have a very safe trip and wave as you pass the outlet mall in St Augustine - that's where I am!

GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:58pm
post #10 of 16

HOLY SMOKES! spunkybear! Your right down the road from me! Your cakes are incredibly beautiful!! Ever considered giving a class to share that knowledge?? If you do - please let me know coz I'm there! And I know a few others here who would also love to come too! icon_wink.gif *keep that in mind!!

edited to say: I love the outlet mall janelwaters! Next time Im there - I'll think of you icon_smile.gif

forthwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forthwife Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:14pm
post #11 of 16

D&G Occsasions is a good shop, although it is NOT is Kissimmee as previously stated. It's in Orlando not too far from downtown. The have Satin Ice products (standard fondant, colored, flavored etc) I've yet to go to Jester's.

spunkybear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spunkybear Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:18pm
post #12 of 16

Wow, I'm flatter GayeG, I actually owned a bakery in St. Augustine for 8 years (long story) but didn't do cakes ironically!! I now live in Middleburg and just play cake for therapy. I'm afraid to post my pics on here because some of these cakers are what even I aspire to be!! lol

I am so glad to see this link as I am always looking for local suppliers (as in 150 radius). I am going down to Tampa the end of the month for the Jennifer Dontz sugar flower class and now I will leave a half day earlier just to stop and shop those sources in Orlando. I love Satin Ice as well, but shipping added to the cost doesn't make it economical to "play" with.

pastrychef101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrychef101 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:35pm
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkybear

As an avid customer of McKendree's, they do not stock alot of if that is what you are going after. He has a really small store but is MORE than willing to order anything you might be looking for and saves you on the shipping. He can also get things in quite fast too! Super nice to deal with~ Oh and just an FYI, they are closed on Sunday and Mondays.

Totally agree...he is absolutely wonderful! He has gone out of his way for me many many times. I recommend browsing the website and pre-ordering what you want. When you check out online, there is an option to pick up your order at the store. As long as you provide a note as to when you'll be there, he should be able to have your order ready.

lomikesa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lomikesa Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:54pm
post #14 of 16

If you are ever in Miami, you can come to Medina Baking & Powder products. I buy my Satin ice for $47.00 20lb. they are open from 7am to 3pm Monday to Friday, here is their website.

http://www.medinabaking.com/

Lomikesa

joshalow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joshalow Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 10:13pm
post #15 of 16

D & G in Orlando is nice. It has quite a few things for cakes.

gscout73 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 6:14am
post #16 of 16

Oh, sorry. I was going by what is posted in the website.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%