My Sister Volenteered Me For A Guitar Cake...ahhhh

Decorating By Briniga Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 12:39am by Briniga

Briniga Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:25am
post #1 of 7

My sister is a wedding planner & I make cakes of course, well she just called me & said shes doing a wedding in may & they want me to do the wedding cake (4 tiers!!) & the grooms cake, his cake will be a guitar shape, Ive never done that before...& that next weekend I'm already doing a wedding & grooms cake, that was gunna be my official 1st wedding, I havent been doing this that long... Gosh I'm nervous about all this now. icon_cry.gif Anyone have any suggestions on the guitar cake?

6 replies
samantha22c Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:38am
post #2 of 7

They are easier than thay look. I've made two. You just have to get a good pattern and then the rest is just making the small pieces ahead of time so you can give it the little details. Good Luck.

justducky Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:00am
post #3 of 7

Samantha is correct. They are easier then they appear. If you need a pattern, let me know. My child is small so he has a 3/4 size electric and base guitar. I just traced it!

Briniga Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:37am
post #4 of 7

Really...ok well when you get time, that would be great!! Thanks all icon_smile.gif

Briniga Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:46am
post #5 of 7

Oh one question I was wondering...how do you make the arm of the guitar? How do you shape it?

samantha22c Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:21pm
post #6 of 7

You carve it out of cake and then i shave it down at an angle like the real neck of a guitar when it's laying down.

Briniga Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:39am
post #7 of 7

Ok thanks! How much do you charge for this cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%