Just Wondered If There Are Any Other Brits About?

Lounge By lucysmam Updated 18 May 2009 , 8:00pm by BritBB

lucysmam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucysmam Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:04pm
post #1 of 24

I only discovered this forum a few weeks ago & it's fab! I don't know anyone who decorates cakes or enjoys it as much as I do, so it's fab to finally find a place filled with people who share my enthusiasm.

I just wondered if there's any other British or English people who use this forum?

23 replies
MissBaritone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissBaritone Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:31am
post #2 of 24

yep theres a few of us about

lucysmam Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:13am
post #3 of 24

I did wonder! I can't tell from reading posts so wasn't sure

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 24

*waving*
Yes, me over here, too! I'm an expat Brit in Canada. I wish I'd had this hobby there - so much easier to get good tools etc.

lucysmam Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 24

You think so Tubbs? I'm struggling to find somewhere local to me where I can buy tools etc & am confused by some of the online shops tbh, they don't often give a very good description of what a product is for & I'm relatively new to cake making/decorating. Finding it much easier now I've found this place though, can find out about everything flicking through the posts!

MissBaritone Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 24

whereabouts in the Uk are you?

Design a cake up in Washington have a very good mail order service

lucysmam Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 1:46pm
post #7 of 24

Near to Sheffield, I'll check out Design a cake, thanks

bengals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bengals Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 24

Hello and welcome i would say i am more of a scot than a brit icon_lol.gif
when reading posts you can tell where people are from by referring to the left hand side where it states where we are from, DoB and our usernames

Happy Decorating

MissBaritone Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 5:35am
post #9 of 24

Don't just go off their website either. If ther is something you're after and it's not listed just ring them up. Chances are they'll have it in stock and will post it out for you.

chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 6:10am
post #10 of 24

Isn't there a cake supply shop in Sheffield? I swear I remember visiting a place last time I was there.

Not a brit, but we travel to the UK 2-3 times a year!

sasporella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sasporella Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 7:49am
post #11 of 24

Hi, i live in the uk, nice to meet you.

Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 8:19pm
post #12 of 24

Hiya

I live in St Helens icon_smile.gif

It took me ages to find any cake decorating shops near me and the prices really vary from shop to shop.

Lyndsey xx

lucysmam Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 10:13pm
post #13 of 24

There's only one market stall close enough to me, although the lady will order stuff you want but obviously she has to add some kind of profit & pay postage I would imagine & I have found that she tends to be pricier than online shops even though they charge postage.

How did you all get into cake decorating, if you don't mind me asking?

I only started fairly recently, making a Noah's Ark for my little one who loves the Noah's Ark story

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 9:44am
post #14 of 24

im up in scotland icon_smile.gif
i dont even know how i got into cakes - its just always been something me and my family did!
xx

lucysmam Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:05pm
post #15 of 24

My mum used to do them for us as kids but she died when I was nine so it's not something I saw myself doing. But, now I am, I love it!

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:59pm
post #16 of 24

Hi! Nice to meet ya'll I'm from the UK.. based down in essex! There are a few supply shops in the area but they are rather pricey! Much prefer to purchase items online in bulk!

Love cake decorating and only got into it because I decided one day I was going to bake my own wedding cake (with absolutely no previous experience and about 6 months to work out how I was going to go about it!) Turned out great and have been happily decorating (and married - lol) ever since!

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 4:46pm
post #17 of 24

Hello! I'm British but have been stuck in the land of clogs & tulips for nearly 8 years now. I live in quite a densely Expat populated area of Holland, and they are all so grateful to find someone who knows what a REAL cake should taste and look like, because believe me, the Dutch do not have a clue when it comes to good cake!

I import lots of stuff from Design-a-Cake, they are wonderful!

kathrynmc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathrynmc Posted 18 Mar 2009 , 9:37pm
post #18 of 24

Hi, I live in the UK, near St Helens.

I have the name of a couple of shops and a couple online, if you need any recommendations.

Kathryn

HannahLass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahLass Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 12:14pm
post #19 of 24

Hi everyone,
I'm in the uk not far from Kathryn and Lyndsay about 10 minutes up the road from St Helens near Leigh. There is a supply shop in Warrington not far from Ikea thats quite good (not hobbycraft though I have had some things from there) for a mooch but I have also had a look around the uk online suppliers I think I bought some stuff from cakeandcookiecrafts.
Kathryn if you know the name of some more I would be really greatfuk.

Han
XX

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:52pm
post #20 of 24

a piece of cake thame are good as well - cheaper that cakes cookies and crafts.

HannahLass Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HannahLass Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 3:58pm
post #21 of 24

Ok lol the eng of my post kinda twisted itself with my typo I would be really GREATFUL. hehe

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 12 May 2009 , 8:35pm
post #22 of 24

Hi everyone, I just discovered this site yesterday! I am from the UK also, has anyone started up their own cake business?? I have started taking baby steps into starting up something on the side and its proving tough work!

YummyChoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyChoo Posted 12 May 2009 , 9:04pm
post #23 of 24

Hi everyone, I just discovered this site yesterday! I am from the UK also, has anyone started up their own cake business?? I have started taking baby steps into starting up something on the side and its proving tough work!

BritBB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BritBB Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:00pm
post #24 of 24

Hi everybodym,
Haven't been on for a while. I'm an expat living in Los Angeles. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%