Is Mmf Easier To Use Than Normal Fondant?

Decorating By jill23 Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 4:32am by jill23

jill23 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 9:45pm
post #1 of 4

I love the shiny look of MMF, but am only starting to master normal fondant. Is the texture the same? I would imagine it would not break when pulling it onto the cake. The cake will be a large square cake. Please help I haven't a clue?

3 replies
majka_ze Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 4

Well, it depends if you get the right consistency of MMF. But one thing will help you to "transport" the fondant / MMF on the cake. Get piece of clear vinyl table cloth / I can get it here at something like dollar store by meter /, roll the fondant on the vinyl.
Then, you can pick it, flip it on the cake (because the vinyl is clear, you can see what you do). If you are careful, you can even reposition it. After this, remove the vinyl piece.
The advantage is that you don't have any pulling on the fondant and no / less breaks.

Wash the vinyl for the next time icon_biggrin.gif

lisa5573 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 11:25pm
post #3 of 4

I actually think that MMF is a little easier to work with. The first fondant covered cake I made I used MMF and it worked out great. I agree that it doesn't crack as easily as regular fondant. I made the biggest mess when I made the MMF, but it was great fun!

jill23 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:32am
post #4 of 4

Thank you for your help, The plastic sheet idea sounds so clever, will be buying asap. Now I can't wait to try the MMF.

Quote by @%username% on %date%