Buttercream Roses

Decorating By ButtacreamRose Updated 3 Mar 2009 , 7:58pm by ButtacreamRose

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:46pm
post #1 of 6

Newbie.I a have problem with hot hands,when making roses it slides all over my nail.Any suggestions?

5 replies
enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 6

Put a tiny piece double stick tape on your nail then a 1.5" piece of waxed paper on it, that should help your flower from moving. HTH

kathys90 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathys90 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 6

How are you holding the nail? Have you tried putting a small piece of wax paper on the nail with a dab of BC before you start the rose?

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 6

cakelady31

I find that some people just naturally have "hot " hands and this tends to make the frosting too warm to make nice roses that hold up. You can try placing the bag of icing on a ziploc baggie which has ice in it, every now and then between decorating to keep the frosting stiff. Maybe that will help .

dkelly
I'm one with very warm hands also. I keep those blue refreezable ice things in the freezer all year long. (You know the ones you use in coolers) Whenever I have a lot of roses or BC piping to do I take out one of the frozen blue things and lay my icing bags on top of them in between decorating, if I feel them getting too warm. They firm up really quick.

I have better luck using an all shortening BC for my roses. If it's too thick, don't add more liquid, add more shortening little bits at a time. You'll get much better results with BC that has less liquid in it.

Saw these reponses in another thread..hopefully they will help you.

EnjoyTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EnjoyTheCake Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 6

Just some ideas. They may or may not work. But I hope something helps.

Make your icing Stiffer than usual if you know you're going to make roses and have hot hands.

Place your icing in the fridge before you use it if you have hot hands.

Set your icing bag down as much as possible if you know your hands will warm up the icing.

Set your icing on a ice pack between uses if your hands are hot.

I hope that helps some.

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:58pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%