Anyone Had Luck Purchasing Edible Image From Local Store?

Decorating By Joannah Updated 4 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm by skaggs1

Joannah Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 7

I don't have a edible printer and really haven't needed one but I'm doing some playing cards and would like some edible images so they will look "exact". Have any of you had any luck purchasing edible images from the local grocery store? I'm going to make some calls this afternoon but was just wondering what other people do...........

6 replies
bonniebakes Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 7

yep, I have. I've gotten them from local grocery stores twice now. (In my area there's Giant and Shoppers Food Warehouse that do image cakes). The ones from Shoppers came out much better - Giant's bakery person said something about a new machine that wouldn't let her adjust the size and my image was bigger than I wanted it.

But they came out looking good and the price was definitely worth it since I'm just a hobbyist. Both places were under $7 per sheet.

You should definitely call around to check prices - and be sure that someone is there at the time that you want to go that knows how to work the machine!

chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:09pm
post #3 of 7

I had playing cards done at WalMart, they were OK, only $5 a sheet.

ps3884 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 7

I've had them done at Stop & Shop. The first time it was $7/sheet, this last time $5/sheet. icon_confused.gif (different sales person) Quality was good both times.

mary-ann Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 7

I've had them done at Shoprite when I was out of ink - around $7. One time I was out of frosting sheets and they sold me one for $5.

Joannah Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:16pm
post #6 of 7

Well, I found someone in my area that would print them for me but they are going to be $10 a sheet. I'm thinking I'll just pipe them. Thanks!

skaggs1 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 8:25pm
post #7 of 7

I get mine done at Wal Mart they can adjust the size for you and it's only $5.00 for an 8x10 sheet!

Quote by @%username% on %date%