Fat Daddio Pan Instructions

Decorating By two2miracles Updated 3 Mar 2009 , 10:23pm by DsLady614

two2miracles Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:09pm
post #1 of 3

I just purchased some Fat Daddio baking pans (usually use Wilton) and am very excited to try these out. They did not come with any instructions...time and temp to bake at? Does anyone know where I can readily find this info? I bought several sizes and would like to be able to print it out for future reference. Thanks for any help!! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:26pm
post #2 of 3

That's because they're professional pans, and it is assumed that the buyer knows how to use them.

If you are using 2" deep pans, there is no difference in time or temperature.

Deeper pans will require experimentation with your oven. Most of us who use them bake for a longer time at a lower temp, and those times and temps vary because no oven is exactly the same.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

DsLady614 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 3

I "spoke" with Greg from Fat Daddio. They "recommend" 325, but he says the pan will survive up to 500, not that you'd bake at that temp. As for time, that's pretty subjective with any pan. I use the WASC recipe for most of my cakes, which calls for 325 anyway, and the time depends on the size of the pan.

Trial and error, set for less time than you think you'll need... then just add if the cake isn't done. I have two 9" Fat Daddios, and I LOVE them. They take about an hour, but they turn out a beautiful cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%