Need Quick Reply..please!

Decorating By bobhope Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 3:50pm by jardot22

bobhope Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 12

is it ok to leave cooled cake in pan & pop it into ref overnight?

11 replies
DianeLM Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:57pm
post #2 of 12

Depends on so many variables... the cake recipe, how long you've baked, how you've prepared your pan...

Some cakes stick like the bejeebers if left to cool in the pan.

Why do you want to leave it in the pan?

kakeladi Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #3 of 12

It will stick in the pan icon_sad.gif But.......when you are ready to remove it place it in the oven OR on a heated, but turned off burner for a minute or two - that should help release it. And be sure you cover the top of it. If you are going thru that much trouble you might as well remove it and put in a plastic bag or plastic wrap

tiawanna02 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 12

I wouldnt leave them in the pan because they may stick. just take them ou the pan and wrap them well.

jamiekwebb Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 12

No I wouldn't... it will stick.... bad

mcalhoun Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 12

I take mine out of the oven and let them sit for a very short amount of time (like 2 or 3 minutes) then lay a piece of parchment on my cooking rack and flip them out. then I take the pan and put it right back over my cake and let it sit overnight or several hours to cool before puttting it in the freezer or icing it. This has always worked well for me.

Bluehue Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:07pm
post #7 of 12

I did ONCE about 5 years ago and regretted it -
Even wrapped securely it gained moisture and then it decided it wanted to STAY in the pan - icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

Never did that again - even if it is 3am in the morning and i want to go to bed ...*yawn*.... i sit up and wait for it cool and then treat it accordingly.

Bh

bobhope Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:08pm
post #8 of 12

thanks guys sooo much..i'm glad i asked or i'd be pulling my hair tom lol...

Bluehue Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 12

You will sleep better - trust me - thumbs_up.gif

bobhope Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:09am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

You will sleep better - trust me - thumbs_up.gif

yeah!i did what you all suggested here, even if it was past midnight already..i got scared of the "sticking" issues icon_biggrin.gif ..thanks again

Caths_Cakes Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:45am
post #11 of 12

i allow my cakes to cool, no more than 5 mins before getting it out of the pan, ive never had a problem with sticking , if i leave it longer, i end up with holes in the cake! not good! lol

jardot22 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:50pm
post #12 of 12

Once my cakes come out of the oven, I take a clean dish towel and press down on the top of the cake, making it a flat surface. This has to be done right after taking out of the oven. Then I take some thick cling wrap (I buy the big box at Sam's Club) and flip the cake out right away, while it's still hot (make sure it is loose from the pan on all sides, and grease pans well before baking). Then I wrap it up in the cling wrap, leaving a little room for shrinkage from the steam, and let it sit until it cools. Then pop in the fridge, and you have a very moist, level cake. It works like a charm for me everytime!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%