Gumpaste Daffodils?

Decorating By wickedgrinch Updated 3 Mar 2009 , 2:54pm by jamiekwebb

wickedgrinch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wickedgrinch Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 8

Hello All

My husband has asked me to do a "bouquet" of daffodils cake for his Mother's 70th birthday in 3 weeks, similar to many on this site in the galleries.

I have worked with gumpaste before (cala lilies on my sister's wedding cake), and found instructions on the web, and links on this site on how to make them quite easily. Not so with the elusive daffodil. Does anyone have a link to a tutoril for making gumpaste daffodils? I have been looking at the Wilton gumpaste set with the book - how do those daffodils turn out (size, realistic looking)? I also have seen a variety of cutters/plunger sets as well, but I'm not sure with which tools I will get the best results?

Thanks so much...I am looking forward to presenting my mother-in-law with an edible spring bouquet.

7 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 8

Well - I have tutorial for you (not mine). It is from Czech pages but all pictures, originally for marzipan.
Quite easy, quite realistic.

http://www.dortydortikydorticky.estranky.cz/fotoalbum/modelovani/narcisky

Hope it helps a little.

jillycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillycakes Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 8

I've made daffodils using the instructions and tools in the Wilton kit. Because they were among the first flowers I ever made, I followed the directions closely. Maybe not the most realistic looking, but they were easy and turned out fine.
LL
LL

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 8

Well, the only problem is that it is all foreign.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:27pm
post #5 of 8

wicked grinch -

Those photos are self-explicit. You should have no problem doing them. I can't wait to see your results!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:30pm
post #6 of 8

You may want to PM this person. http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_518083.html

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:38pm
post #7 of 8

I could translate for you - send me pm if you want.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 8

I know that the photos are self explantory but I was wonderingabout a couple of things... I have the wilton book so no biggie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%