Help With Prom, Castles, Boards And Such

Decorating By cakes4ck

cakes4ck Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:52am
post #1 of 1

I am a teacher and jr. class sponsor. For the prom, the committee asked me to make the cake for the dessert since they know I do this as a hobby. I was going to do it and donate it to help save on expenses for the class. However, after talking with the people from the restaurant/hall, I have decided against it. Because of health codes, she tells me they don't usually allow outside food to be brought in, but could possibly let me since I am a teacher/sponsor with the class. However, then I could be held liable for any food allergies, poisonings, etc. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble to me.
So instead I'm trying to find another cost effective dessert option. We are having an awesome meal so don't really need a heavy dessert. Neither do we want just cookies. I came up with doing an ice cream bar which we have never done before. Normally I would never do this because it isn't very formal, but thought maybe I could build a castle stand to set cups of ice cream on much like the cupcake stands. What do you think? Any suggestions or other ideas?

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%