Chocolate Transfers ...???

Decorating By Ayanami Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 11:04pm by Ayanami

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:58pm
post #1 of 5

I have seen on here where ppl have done or have told others to do a "chocolate tranfer".

What is it? I've seen pics of them & they are soooo beautiful & smooth & perfect.

Is there a tutorial on CC somewhere that would instruct me on how to create one of these?

TIA

4 replies
psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:06pm
post #2 of 5

If you have done color flow or flood work it works the same way but dries faster. Basically take a picture and attach it to a cardboard then cover it with wax paper. Outline your picture and fill with additional colors. put in fridge for a few minutes and peel off the wax paper turn over and there it is. I just did a train you can see in my pictures. I had to use the wrong side because the flat side got some pearl dust on it and it looked bad
Good Luck

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:12pm
post #3 of 5

There used to be a really good tutorial on the Whimsical Bakehouse website. Try looking there. They are easy to make. I do as the previous poster, except I don't attch the pix to cardboard. I just lay them on a cookie sheet and put the parchment paper over them. You can do them on plastic wrap too, but be careful of wrinkles. Anyway, they are easy, even for a beginner. I have used them on 4 cakes and some cupcakes that are in my photos.
Heather

squeaky121603 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squeaky121603 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:15pm
post #4 of 5

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/whatshot/transfersheets.aspx
Here is a tutorial on how to do chocolate transfers. I found this under the cake decorating forum.

HTH
Carol

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:04pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe11

There used to be a really good tutorial on the Whimsical Bakehouse website. Try looking there. They are easy to make. I do as the previous poster, except I don't attch the pix to cardboard. I just lay them on a cookie sheet and put the parchment paper over them. You can do them on plastic wrap too, but be careful of wrinkles. Anyway, they are easy, even for a beginner. I have used them on 4 cakes and some cupcakes that are in my photos.
Heather

I checked out Whimsical Bakehouse ... icon_surprised.gif That's the most awesome edible ... thingy icon_razz.gif I've seen!

So cool.

Thank you everyone!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%