Baptism Cake For 3Yr Old Nephew And 4Mth Old Niece??

Decorating By kiwigirly Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 9:27am by kiwigirly

kiwigirly  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigirly Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I've been asked to do a cake for my nephew and niece's joint baptism this Saturday. I haven't had much notice and after having a look through here still don't really know what to do. Any ideas? Thanks!

3 replies
 samantha22c  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 4

You can always do an open book and then one page is dedicated to one child and the other page to the other child.

You could make a large cross. Another cute cake would be two, small two tier cakes that are all white with pink or blue accents for each child.

Good Luck.

LittleLinda  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #3 of 4

I like all of samantha's ideas. Did you look in our "first communion" gallery? I suggested a couple years ago that they change the name to "religious cakes" because that seems to be where we are all putting our religious cakes. (but I guess the suggestion was overlooked or over ruled.) Anyhow, you HAVE to find some inspiration there.

kiwigirly  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiwigirly Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:27am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your great ideas. Due to time constraints I ended up going very plain, white 10inch cake (banana with buttercream filling) with a white ribbon and pink hearts for the girl and her name and green stars for the boy and his name, plus the date. I will post a photo when I get more time. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%