Baptism Cake For 3Yr Old Nephew And 4Mth Old Niece??

Decorating By kiwigirly Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 9:27am by kiwigirly

kiwigirly Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I've been asked to do a cake for my nephew and niece's joint baptism this Saturday. I haven't had much notice and after having a look through here still don't really know what to do. Any ideas? Thanks!

3 replies
samantha22c Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 4

You can always do an open book and then one page is dedicated to one child and the other page to the other child.

You could make a large cross. Another cute cake would be two, small two tier cakes that are all white with pink or blue accents for each child.

Good Luck.

LittleLinda Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 4:10am
post #3 of 4

I like all of samantha's ideas. Did you look in our "first communion" gallery? I suggested a couple years ago that they change the name to "religious cakes" because that seems to be where we are all putting our religious cakes. (but I guess the suggestion was overlooked or over ruled.) Anyhow, you HAVE to find some inspiration there.

kiwigirly Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 9:27am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your great ideas. Due to time constraints I ended up going very plain, white 10inch cake (banana with buttercream filling) with a white ribbon and pink hearts for the girl and her name and green stars for the boy and his name, plus the date. I will post a photo when I get more time. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%