Decorating By cinderspritzer Updated 7 Mar 2009 , 10:03pm by cinderspritzer

cinderspritzer Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 19

It's time to vote! Our suggestions are:

Spring
Fish and Roses
St Patrick's Day
Flowers

We have 1 day to vote. When the voting is done, check back to see what the winner is. Please post your cakes/cookies/cupcakes/whatever that fit with the theme in this thread.

The only rule before was that it was supposed to be something you made this month, not an old picture. So I guess we'll keep it that way. icon_smile.gif

18 replies
sugarwishes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:29pm
post #2 of 19

So how does this work every month? Pick the theme first few days of the month and them we have the whole month to post pictures, then start again next month?

sugarwishes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:30pm
post #3 of 19

Oh and who decides the themes to choose from, I know you did now but does it ever alternate?

cinderspritzer Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 19

There was another thread where people made suggestions. Toward the end of this month, we'll take suggestions for the April theme and vote.

And yes, you have the whole month to do as many or as few related cakes as you want/ have time for.

sugarwishes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:31pm
post #5 of 19

Thank you cinderspritzer, I can't wait to begin! This sounds like so much fun icon_biggrin.gif

KlyKat Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 12:15am
post #6 of 19

Sounds like fun to me too. I've watched the other TOTM before, but never joined in. But...do we have a 3-way tie for the theme icon_confused.gif If so, what a combo...fishy Spring flowers icon_lol.gif

cinderspritzer Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:13am
post #7 of 19

I dunno. Voting doesn't close until early tomorrow afternoon (my time) soif we have a tie, you just get to pick which theme(s) you want to work with.

KlyKat Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 1:19am
post #8 of 19

Well, Duh icon_razz.gif I guess if I wouldn't have been doing 10 other things at the same time I was reading this and voting I would have realized that I'm seeing the results because I voted...NOT because it was done.

I can be such a dumb donkey sometimes icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Cakeonista Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:50am
post #9 of 19

I'm interested in competing for March...................if anyone is interested? Also where are Feb. throwdown's? Can someone post the thread please?

cinderspritzer Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:28pm
post #10 of 19

Spring is the theme for march. You can do cakes, cookies, cupcakes... Whatever strikes your fancy. Please post your pictures in this thread as you get them finished! I look forward to seeing everyone's work! icon_smile.gif

Cakeonista Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:38pm
post #11 of 19

So how does this work? Are we all competing against each other? Or are we looking for a partner?

cinderspritzer Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:50pm
post #12 of 19

No. It's not a competition. It's just a way to get your creative energies flowing, an excuse to try out new flavor combinations, and a chance to try new techniques. It's all for fun. And you're on your own icon_wink.gif

Cakeonista Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:54am
post #13 of 19

Sounds great! One mor question...........when is there a deadline to submit the fotos?

cinderspritzer Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 3:02pm
post #14 of 19

not necessarily... preferably by the end of the month, but people always came back and posted pictures later, when we did it before. whenever, if you have a good one that fits.

Cakeonista Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 9:04pm
post #15 of 19

Sounds good, thank you cinder for your responses.

justgale Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 4:17am
post #16 of 19

I guess I'll start off by posting the first picture. I was going to make daisy cupcakes but then the fondant got stuck in the cutter. When I pushed it out with a toothpick it reminded me of the center of a daffodil, so I just kind of went with it. Then I thought it needed some butterflies and while I was looking through the sprinkles I found the chicks. Good think I was just playing around. Sorry the color in the photos is horrible, but you get the idea.
Sherri
LL

cinderspritzer Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 5:50pm
post #17 of 19

Those cupcakes are very cute. icon_biggrin.gif

I've finally got an idea for a cake, but I haven't really started yet because I'm being anal retentive about my icing and I haven't got it the way I want it yet. I'm gonna go through it all and it will look like crap anyway. I'm gonna post it though, because it's my leap back in to decorating.

Again, great job on the cupcakes, Gale. icon_smile.gif

Cakeonista Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 6:11pm
post #18 of 19

Does anyone know if there will be a throwdown this month??

cinderspritzer Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 10:03pm
post #19 of 19

So I finally gave up on getting my BC smooth and just went ahead with what I was gonna do anyway. I really wanted to make another hibiscus cake because tropical flowers seem kinda spring-y, right? And because hibiscus are my favorite flowers. I'm not completely pleased with it, but I also wanted to try to painted embroidery technique with BC on BC rather than RI on fondant. Yep. It's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it came out better than I expected after not doing any decorating for more than a year.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%