I have a request for lime cupcakes. I checked the recipie area but I don't find a recipie that would work for me. Any tips or help out there?
Take your regular yellow/white cake recipe (2x8" layers) and add the zest of three limes (use a Microplane for best results).
Found this recipe on RecipeZarr, has a 5 star review rating. It's for a 9X13 but as with any cake you can change it to cc.
1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup key lime juice or lime juice
2 key limes, zest of or 1/2 regular lime, zest of
1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
1/2 cup canola oil
4 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 lb butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups confectioners' sugar
1-2 tablespoon milk
1 key lime, zest of or regular lime, zest of
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease and flour lightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, water, lime juice, lime zest, jello, vegetable oil and eggs.
4. With an electric mixer, blend ingredients together until well combined, about 3 minutes.
5. Pour into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted off center comes out clean.
6. For the frosting, combine the butter, cream cheese and vanilla with electric mixer.
7. Add confectioners sugar and blend until smooth and creamy.
8. Add milk to reach the desired spreading consistency.
9. Spread frosting over cooled cake and garnish with lime zest.