Brushed Embroidery

Decorating By eriksmom Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 11:49pm by Davina_Alloway

eriksmom Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:26am
post #1 of 8

For those of you who have done this, can I do the effect on a fondant iced cake and then refrigerate? I've never done it before, so I don't know what the effect will be if it gets cold/moist.
Also, if I can refrig, for how many days? I may get the cake done a day or two early (we can only hope!).

TIA!

7 replies
AnitaK Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 8

My instructor says "do not refrigerate fondant"

gerripje Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #3 of 8

From reading other posts, I think it is o.k. out of the fridge after covered in fondant as long as the filling or something else doesn't need to be refridgerated.

eriksmom Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 8

I'm not so worried about the cake, but if i can get the design done prior, i'm more worried about the embroidery running or sliding once the cake starts to come to room temp and "sweat". I refrigerate fondant cakes all the time. no big deal. just the royal icing is my concern.

weirkd Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:05pm
post #5 of 8

If you have color on your cake the condensation can make it run. Ive had royal icing on a fondant cake and not had any problems with it doing anything to the design as long as it was white. But airbrushing gets really messy from condensation.
I just recently bought an item that is suppose to keep condesation from your cake and gumpaste items. I bought it from Geraldine Randsome's site but I have not tried it out yet.

eriksmom Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:33pm
post #6 of 8

thanks, weirkd. you gave me the exact answer i was looking for. this cake will be white on white, so no color run. just the issue of it sliding. now i can take my time with this design. yippee! its a huge cake, 14", 11", 9" all round, to feed 150/200. i'm so excited now, thanks again, to all of you!

weirkd Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:39pm
post #7 of 8

Glad to of helped!

Davina_Alloway Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:49pm
post #8 of 8

I, too, have heard that royal icing does well

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%