Mm Fondant Vs. Regular Fondant

Decorating By dreamdelights Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 9:40am by Cocoby

dreamdelights Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamdelights Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:25am
post #1 of 4

Which is better to use? I have used Satin Ice fondant but was thinking of making MM fondant but I wanted to know before I take on the project I want to know if it is worth it our should I stick to the store bought fondant

3 replies
bobhope Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobhope Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:28am
post #2 of 4

based on my experience, regular fondant is more pliable than mmf, you can roll it as thin as you liked it to be but not w/ mmf.good thing w/ mmf 'tho is it doesn't stick much to the surface you're working on unlike the regular fondant..hope this helps icon_smile.gif

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:43am
post #3 of 4

Personally, I find MMF easy and relatively inexpensive. You can control it's consistency somewhat too since you control how much powdered sugar you use.

I've never used regular fondant though so I can't give you a balanced, unbiased opinion but for the time & money it takes to make it, MMF is pretty darned good.

It's at least worth trying out. HTH.

Cocoby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cocoby Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:40am
post #4 of 4

I have used both: regular fondant and MMF. I find they are both the same in terms of covering cakes, etc. It all depends on how much powdered sugar you use and on the weather. It is sooo HOT here in Puerto Rico! So...as I was explaining ...they are both the same but I prefer MMF flavor. It is sooo delicious! And I always prepare my fondant ...it doesn't matter if it is regular or MMF. I don't like store bought fondant...flavor is yuck! And I never use Crisco on my fondant. I know many recipes insist on using it ...but I discovered it is not necessary. Without CRISCO ...flavor is YUMMY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%