"wbsc"

Decorating By AnitaK Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm by poohsmomma

AnitaK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnitaK Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:19am
post #1 of 6

I made the WASC cake today but used butter flavoring instead of almond - It tasted incredibly awesome - almost melted in the mouth. I will be using this recipe again and again.

5 replies
karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:28am
post #2 of 6

oh yes - i tried the WASC about 2 years ago and have been hooked ever since! icon_smile.gif

niccicola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niccicola Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:30am
post #3 of 6

I will have to try the all butter flavoring method. When I tried the WASC in it's original form, I did not like the taste of the butter, vanilla, and almond together. Honestly, I don't like almond by itself either, but I'm not a fan of almond unless it's buttercream. But WASC with all vanilla flavoring is good!

brandywinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brandywinecakes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:31am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for posting! I do not like almond in any form what-so-ever and that is the biggest reason that I have not tried WASC. I'm glad to hear that butter flavor (my favorite!) can be substituted. I'm more likely to try it now!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:49am
post #5 of 6

WBSC is all I have ever made. I know that I don't like almond flavoring so I've always used butter flavoring in place of the almond. I always tell customers the most popular cake I make is WBSC.

...also try using Creme Bouquet in your white bc with it. You can't beat it!!!

Here is a recipe that I got from someone on here (sorry I can't remember who) for homemade Creme Bouquet:

Homemade Creme Bouquet
1T. Lemon juice (I use lemon extract)
1t. real vanilla extract
1t. almond extract (this is the only place I like this)
1t. butter flavoring

The combination of flavors can't be beat. Smells like walking into my favorite bakery, Schmidts Pastry Cottage. icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 5:36pm
post #6 of 6

I love the butter flavor, too. Much more mellow.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%