Searching For Cookie Cutter!

Baking By ham0830 Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 11:50am by GeminiRJ

ham0830 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:21am
post #1 of 9

Does anyone know where I can find a square cookie cutter with rounded corners?

I thought this would be easy to find but I'm having NO luck! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
janelwaters Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:31am
post #2 of 9

http://cookiecutter.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=square

I hope this is what you are looking for - I don't know how rounded the corners are on one of these - but I thought I would pass this on.

I will keep looking....you could always just draw out your template and use a very sharp knife.

nikki72905 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:33am
post #3 of 9

Another idea is to file the EDGES some how.

sue_dye Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:34am
post #4 of 9
sweetiesbykim Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:53am
post #5 of 9

I would just use an empty, clean Spam can. I use these for old fashioned style cookies. To get a square, just cut the dough a 2nd time, moving the cutter over just an inch or so to cut off the wide rectangle side. At least you wouldn't have to order it!

MichelleM77 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 9

The corners will round when you bake the cookie. Probably no need for a rounded corner cutter. If you want them even rounder, just take a square cookie cutter and round out the edges yourself using a pair of pliers.

ham0830 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 11:49pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback and so quickly! icon_biggrin.gif

cindy58 Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 7:27pm
post #8 of 9
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:50am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetiesbykim

I would just use an empty, clean Spam can. I use these for old fashioned style cookies. To get a square, just cut the dough a 2nd time, moving the cutter over just an inch or so to cut off the wide rectangle side. At least you wouldn't have to order it!

What a great idea! My grandmother used to make soft ginger cookies with a wonderful icing, and the Spam can would be almost the perfect shape that she used. Now I want to try those cookies again....I could never get the icing to set properly, though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%