Pic From Bridal Show Today

Business By mommicakes Updated 6 Mar 2009 , 4:17am by beck30

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:06am
post #1 of 11

Just wanted to share with you all a picture from the bridal show that I did today.

I made 2 "real" cakes one was a candy barrel cake, the other was a small grooms cake w/choc. covered strawberries. All the rest were dummies that I had built over this past week.

Thanks to all who I have gathered my inspirations from there are way so many to list. But I want to say thank you to everyone here on CC.

Let me know what you think.

Indy I borrowed your idea of white chocolate covered cherries! I used them as eye candy. Everyone just loved that idea. By the way.... that is an amazing combo. I was eating them on my ride home. icon_biggrin.gif
LL

10 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #2 of 11

you got a lot of cakes in a small space and it looks great! (those cherries ARE good, aren't they?!) Great set up!

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:42am
post #3 of 11

What an absolutely lovely assortment of cakes - you did a great job!

But hey ...where's the candy barrel cake??? icon_lol.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:47am
post #4 of 11

wow! what a nice set up! was turn out good? I can't wait to do one of these one day when i have my own shop icon_biggrin.gif

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:01am
post #5 of 11

Gorgeous set up! I'm sure it got you a lot of advertisement!

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:30am
post #6 of 11

That is a really nice set-up!
I'm impressed with all your variety. All the brides should be thinking "wow, she knows exactly the style I would want"

Good job thumbs_up.gif

maryjsgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryjsgirl Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 4:25am
post #7 of 11

Your dessert cakes have me drooling! You did great on the dummies.

The only suggestion I have is next time bring some boxes to place under the table cloth to build up some of the cakes in the back. You have a beautiful looking cake in the back (with the lily on top) that I would love to see more of!

You did a great job though! How do you feel about the feedback you received from the attendees?

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 11

First I would like to apologize for not responding sooner!! My internet has been down for the past 3 days. tapedshut.gif

Thank you all so much for the great compliments! If everyone on here wasn't so supportive I wouldn't have done so well. I totally appreciate everyones help on here. You guys are SOOO GREAT!!!! So I not only did this show for me but for those who don't have the opportunity to do them, and for those whom I admire so much!!!! I took the advice of so many here to offer a wide variety of styles and shapes and it worked!!!

Maryjsgirl: I didn't expect to have to place my second table behind my longer table like that, I would have used more risers for the back table had I known. I will be posting more pics of individual cakes soon. I received so many oohhh's and aaaahhhh's it was great!!!

liapsim: I am still waiting for the papers to come out. and for my phone to start ringing.

newmansmom2004: the candy barrel cake is right in the front, I have it displayed under the plastic dome.

ONCE AGAIN.... THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! thumbs_up.gif You all are the greatest!!!! icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 4:57pm
post #9 of 11

Lots of variety! It looks great! And it sounds like I need to try those chocolate covered cherries. Yummy!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #10 of 11

Very nice cakes, congratulations! thumbs_up.gif

beck30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beck30 Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 4:17am
post #11 of 11

wow! You did a great job! It looks great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%