Need Idea For Cave/ Caving Cake

Decorating By cakesbykaren09 Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 3:14am by Eisskween

cakesbykaren09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykaren09 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:05pm
post #1 of 8

My Aunt's boyfriend loves Caving. I recently learned that is when you tie ropes to yourself and climb down into caves. This is the theme she wants his Birthday Cake to be. Any and ALL ideas are welcome, I'm drawing blanks! Thanks in advance!!!
Karen icon_smile.gif

7 replies
CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 8

What if you did the cake as a caving helmet with a light on it and the straps that keep them on your head. Then some other gear, like the ropes and caribiners, molded around it. Ask her what gear he uses and any brands he likes and copy those.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:24pm
post #3 of 8

Here's a thought. How about a bundt or angel food pan. You can cover it with grass, maybe a few flowers and have a figure in cave gear climbing on a rope down the hole in the middle of the cake.

Just a thought. icon_wink.gif

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:26pm
post #4 of 8

There is a really cute cave diver cake in the gallery made by Zahrah. If you do a search for it you'll find it. HTH

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:28pm
post #5 of 8

Well, here is a photo of a cake that I did for a friend's weddiing that does rock climbing.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1216131

And here is the caveman photo for a friend, but you get the rock idea.
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1236712

HTH

cakesbykaren09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykaren09 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 2:58am
post #6 of 8

Thank you sooo much! You guys "rock"! I was really stuck with this idea and you guys totally helped me out! Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

nikki72905 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nikki72905 Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:13am
post #7 of 8

If it is more "Splunking" than "Caving" you could make a cake that looks like a river running through it, with stalagmites and stalagtites running (from top to bottom and bottom to top) Then have little bats hanging from the ones on the "ceiling"

I have gone "caving/Splunking" a few times. However I believe (but am not 100 percent sure) that Splunking is more of an underground thing... I'm not sure if there is a difference in "caving" than "Splunking" DIRT and DIRTY are the words that come to mind

Here is a great idea for your Dirt/MUD
Take pudding and crush oreo cookies into it (my step son LOVES this stuff) very tasty... I have made it thicker by using whipping cream instead of milk...

good luck!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:14am
post #8 of 8

Don't forget to post a photo when you're done. I can't wait to see it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%