My First Cake (A V-Day Cake That's A Bit Out There...)

Decorating By yelizaveta Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 12:21am by cgcreation

yelizaveta Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 3

I've always wanted to make a cake and v-day provided a perfect excuse, to make a cake for the bf icon_smile.gif
It's not the most traditional of all cakes, but everything on it is edible (lots of fondant, which i cant say i'm thrilled with my job with...) and some strawberry shortcake "sushi" and two pairs of caramelized sugar eyeglasses (representing the silly topic of conversation he chose as an excuse to talk to me the first time he talked to me..."excuse me, are those Silhouttes you're wearing? I have the same pair!")
i cant say the execution is at all great, but it ended up looking not too bad for someone with zero experience, and any critiques/suggestions for next time would be appreciated.

2 replies
kates_kakes Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 3

Very interesting Valentine's cake. You did a wonderful job for your first time!! Keep up the good work! thumbs_up.gif

cgcreation Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 3

It looks great! Very brave attempt for a first timer. I have only tried to work with fondant a few times and all have turned out to be disasters so I stick with buttercream. I say great work!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%