Sugarfree Cake???

Baking By Teresas_Treats Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 7:50am by revel

Teresas_Treats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teresas_Treats Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 7:34am
post #1 of 2

Is there such a thing? I have a request for sugarfree cake and icing for a dieabetic. Any suggestions.
Teresa Overcash
Concord, NC

1 reply
revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 7:50am
post #2 of 2

This was posted not to long ago. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good,

Sugar-free Chocolate Cake

2 cups flour
1½ cups Splenda (granular no calorie sweetener)
3/4-cup non-dairy creamer powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ¼ tsp baking soda
½ cup + 2 Tbsp cocoa
¾ cup applesauce or vegetable oil
1 cup + 2 Tbsp milk
2 tsp baking powder
3 eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla

Measure the dry ingredients into a bowl reserving ¼ cup Splenda. In another bowl mix the applesauce (or substitute ¾ cup vegetable oil),Milk, vanilla, and 3 egg yolks. Beat the egg whites until fluffy, slowly adding the remaining ¼ cup of Splenda. Whisk together the dry ingredients with the liquid making a smooth batter. Beat for 2 minutes until color lightens. Then fold in the egg whites. Bake in two greased and floured 8 inch cake pans, at 350 degrees about 20 30 minutes. When Baking with Splenda, products bake quicker so test to see when cake springs back or when a toothpick comes out clean. They also do not rise very much. Each layer was about 1-1.5 inches tall, so I torted them and filled.

Sugar-free Chocolate Frosting

1 Large box Vanilla or chocolate instant sugar free Jell-O pudding mix
1-cup low fat milk
2 cups heavy cream

In a mixing bowl pour the milk. Measure out the heavy cream and open the pudding box. Quickly pour the pudding into the milk beating just until absorbed, add the heavy cream and continue to beat until light and fluffy.(I doubled this recipe to fill and ice my cake as shown.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%