Tutorial For Fondant Stripes

Decorating By saramachen Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm by vcm_9

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:38am
post #1 of 4

I remember a while ago there was a thread where someone had posted a link to a tutorial on how to do "smooth fondant stripes" like in the following picture... (cake belongs to franjmc on flicker). The tutorial was written in German i believe but had great pictures to illustrate how to do it. I have searched and searched and i can't find it and was dumb enough not to save the link...

Anyone happen to remember what thread or saved the link?

TIA
LL

3 replies
vcm_9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcm_9 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:51am
post #2 of 4

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30279130@N02/2839854435/

Ta Da!!!!!

Just go through her flickr pics, written in german ( I think) but self explanatory. I have used it myself. either scroll forwards or back, cant remember.

I am sure this is the one you meant, right?

saramachen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saramachen Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks vcm_9! You are awesome, that was exactly what i was looking for! I have a practise cake baked to try it out on with the actual cake due next saturday. Wish me luck icon_smile.gif

vcm_9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcm_9 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 4

GOOD LUCK...a;thpugh, it seems harder than it is. I tried it, but without my equiptment (I was interstate)...and it still turned out ok...a bit wonky though. Just try not to stretch the fondant, and keep pushing it back into a straight line. Oh, and keep the strips on the bench covered so they dont dry out. I forgot and couldnt smooth it properly once they were all on. (smoothing it with a birthday card cause you dont have your smoothers doesnt help either icon_confused.gif )

Out some pics up when you are fifnished!!

from viv

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%