? About Icing Sugar

Decorating By MamaMayhem Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm by MamaMayhem

MamaMayhem Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 12:32am
post #1 of 4

I've been reading about buttercream and a lot of decorators seem to recommend C&H Sugar. I can't find anyone who carries it near me, and I didn't see a place to order straigt from the C&H site. I guess my question is what makes it special? Is it that it's pure cane sugar, and if so, is Domino sugar a sufficient substitute being that it's also cane sugar rather than beet sugar? I'm confused. icon_confused.gif

3 replies
prterrell Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

From what I can tell, C&H and Domino sugars are made by the same company and appear to be different name brands for the same product.

Sweet-Kakes Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:06am
post #3 of 4

Are you referring to the powered sugar? In powered sugar, i just check the bag to make sure it feels soft and loose, and usually go with the store brand. Walmart is my usual.

MamaMayhem Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 1:44pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks ladies, I've been confused for no good reason. I did a little follow-up research and it looks like Domino and C&H are fron the same manufacturer AND the Walmart brand id pure cane sugar also. So any of them should be fine.

And yes, I was referring to 10X, powered sugar. Sorry for the confusion icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%