February 2009 Throwdown....please Vote!!!!!!!

Decorating By sugarwishes Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 3:55am by sugarwishes

Dixiegal01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dixiegal01 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:05pm
post #31 of 49

Wow, both cakes are awesome, I have to agree, this was a very hard vote....why can't we chose both icon_cry.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:11pm
post #32 of 49

Wow, what buxom mermaids!! Both cakes look wonderful. I'm super impressed with both! I admire the talent in both. Nice work!!

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:32pm
post #33 of 49

Holy cow! What a super hard decision. I LOVE both of them and think each are winners, but unfortunately, I could only vote for one. icon_sad.gif

Cake A - I loved how the decorator arranged the tiers. Clever and unique to the usual one stacked on top of each other. Mermaids are very cute...and I agree very busty!!! LOL. I love the colors used...clean, bright and cheery. I love the flow of the water and especially how this decorator created the white caps.

Cake B - You can tell this decorator put a lot of detail into this cake. I loved all the little characters and the mushroom. The detail was amazing and I love the starry night. I love how this decorator created the fairy wings...so delicate looking.

Kuddos to both of you!

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:00pm
post #34 of 49

Both cakes are very beautiful!! You both have done an awesome job and your talents are quiet equal!!!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:52pm
post #35 of 49

**BUMP**

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 6:18pm
post #36 of 49

Amazing work by both competitors! Love the buxom mermaids - think I have a bit of envy going on icon_lol.gif . The detail work on the dark fondant is well done! Thumbs up to both artists thumbs_up.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 9:24pm
post #37 of 49

They're both beautiful........my husband especially liked the.....ahem........well endowed mermaids icon_biggrin.gif He's such a man icon_lol.gif

Ronbob1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ronbob1984 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:27pm
post #38 of 49

Love the Unicorn, I vote B

ILoveMy6Boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ILoveMy6Boys Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:48pm
post #39 of 49

Great job!! I like em both. On the mermaid cake, the waterfalls are innovative and the entire cake is well done, very clean. Nice job! The enchanted cake is also very clean and I really like the gnomes! The little stars also give a nice effect. Well done!

ILOVEMY6BOYS

kalida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalida Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:51pm
post #40 of 49

I love them both, Can i vote for both of them?! heheh NO huh soooo since i have always had a thing for faries MY vote goes to Enchanted Evening. GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!!!!

PennieK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PennieK Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 1:54pm
post #41 of 49

These are GREAT cakes. Well done both of you.

My question is: How are the poor mermaids going to stay under water with their built in "flotation devices"? icon_wink.gif

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #42 of 49

Fabulous cakes!!! You have put a lot of work in these cakes.............they are lovely. Good Luck to you both.

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:58am
post #43 of 49

Sugar Wishes I meant to get back to you on the other thread...........Im in Nassu County, nice to see another Long Islander!!!

Creative_chika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Creative_chika Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:11am
post #44 of 49

I vote for Cake B... but they are both adorable~~

SugarChic24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarChic24 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:30am
post #45 of 49

OK, so I was trying to hold off this post till votings over bc i know i cant get an answer no from the make and blah blah blah, but I am just BURSTING at the seams for the last few days, I have to post.... B! Gelatin wings?!?! With Disco dust!!!??What The ....??? How did she??? I am so in awe, that is just the most awesome, coolest thing I have ever seen in my whole life!!!! Sorry if these are like run of the mill to more experianced decorators, but I've never seen that and... Is anyone else as excited about this as I am. I NEED directions, I HAVE to have them, I don't think I can go on without knowing how to make gelatin wings with disco dust! I definitly cant. Anyway sorry for the 4 year old on xmas morning post but its been building up for a few days!!!

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 9:13am
post #46 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarChic24

Anyway sorry for the 4 year old on xmas morning post but its been building up for a few days!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I hope this well will help:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-20405-gelatine.html

SugarChic24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarChic24 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:09pm
post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstitcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarChic24

Anyway sorry for the 4 year old on xmas morning post but its been building up for a few days!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I hope this well will help:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-20405-gelatine.html

icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gif
OMG! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I love it, those are so beautiful!! Reminds me now that I see how it was done of something simalar I used to make as a kid, not with gelatine though. Wow, thanks a mil.!

sugarwishes Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:08am
post #48 of 49

Tomorrow is the last day of this throwdown so I'm giving one more BUMP for anyone who hasn't see in yet. Thanks for everyone who voted! It really is such a hard decision, these laides did such amazing work!

sugarwishes Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 3:55am
post #49 of 49

The voting is officially over. The competitors for this throwdown were Kayla1505 & SweetsbyL. Great job to you both, you should be very proud!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO............

*****SWEETSBYL*****

for the "Enchanted Evening"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%