The Cookie Gallery is HOT!!!

Baking By Pebbles13 Updated 14 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm by michellesArt

GeminiRJ Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:21pm
post #31 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetDreamsAT

Pebbles, you are so sweet! And I know its not polite to "toot your own horn" - but you really need to add yourself into the category of awesome cookie decorators!!

I agree! And Twopeasinapod is right there, too. This site is overflowing with talent and it was my lucky day when I stumbled across CC.

playingwithsugar Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:38pm
post #32 of 57

Holy Smokes! There are so many great pics in that gallery! I could spend all day there, looking for inspiration!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

GayeG Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:52pm
post #33 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by playingwithsugar

Holy Smokes! There are so many great pics in that gallery! I could spend all day there, looking for inspiration!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Me too! And am quite guilty of doing that on certain days! icon_redface.gif

yankeegal Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #34 of 57

Pebbles you are too sweet!! And I agree with Sweetdreams that you can hang with the best as well!

Gemini-you are going to totally rock that class!

And add me to the list for the cookie convention-somewhere warm please!!

Pebbles13 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm
post #35 of 57

Sheesh, thanks for the kind words, everyone icon_redface.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 5:05pm
post #36 of 57

Who knows, if we make a big enough who-ha over it maybe the cookie forum will become just as popular as the new cupcake forum! icon_lol.gif

sallene Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 9:09pm
post #37 of 57

This is why I love CC and the cookie forum! So many wonderful decorators and genuinely nice people! I'm pretty new to decorating (just over a year now), and I ask a lot of questions of people and lurk a lot. It's so great to see so many talented "cookiers" and such beautiful cookies.

I'm going to run off to check the galleries. I haven't been there in a few days.

mis Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:16pm
post #38 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Who knows, if we make a big enough who-ha over it maybe the cookie forum will become just as popular as the new cupcake forum! icon_lol.gif

What else do you think we should talk about to keep it going? Has everyone tried tolled buttercream on their cookies yet? I would like to try it but every time I make cookies lately I don't have any dough left to play with. I might just have to make time here soon. icon_biggrin.gif
Also, what icing recipe does everyone use? I use Sweet Annie's.

detective.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 10:55pm
post #39 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

What else do you think we should talk about to keep it going? Has everyone tried tolled buttercream on their cookies yet? I would like to try it but every time I make cookies lately I don't have any dough left to play with. I might just have to make time here soon. icon_biggrin.gif
Also, what icing recipe does everyone use? I use Sweet Annie's.

detective.gif

Geez, I don't know! What did the cupcakers do? I know they made a big thing about it and voila -- they now have a cupcake gallery. Ask Heath, maybe he has a suggestion or two! icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:15am
post #40 of 57

mis - Ive been wanting to try Sweet Annie's - I assume you like it then? Can you tell me a little about it? Stackable? etc ... Thanks!
Gaye

mis Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:10am
post #41 of 57

GayeG,

Yes I love it. It dries hard enough to stack but isn't hard like royal when you bite into it. I have used it for all my cookies in my photos. I have tried Toba's but for some reason it dried with white spots.

McMama Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:34am
post #42 of 57

Hey Pebbles, thanks for the heads up. There are awesome cookie decorators on here and I always find myself shaking my head and wondering how they do such beautiful work. I am always so inspired looking at the cookie gallery. Mmmm....maybe I need to bake some cookies real soon...

McMama Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:35am
post #43 of 57

Hey Pebbles, thanks for the heads up. There are awesome cookie decorators on here and I always find myself shaking my head and wondering how they do such beautiful work. I am always so inspired looking at the cookie gallery. Mmmm....maybe I need to bake some cookies real soon...

robinscakes Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:55am
post #44 of 57

I'm finding myself liking to do cookies more than cakes lately. I go back and forth, but I'm really in a cookie mood lately. I wanna be just like some of these fabulous decorators when I grow up!!!!! Still not worthy!!!!!

mis Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:12pm
post #45 of 57

robinscakes, I just looked at your cookies and I can see that you've been a cookie mood. Your cookies look great!

edited to add:

McMama, I am amazed at your cookies. I have some in my favorites. Where was your Hello Kitty cookies when I was trying to do mine. icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #46 of 57

ms - thanx for the info on Sweet Annies! Im gonna try it on my next order! Im looking forward to it, it looks so yummy! Thanx again!

TracyLH Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:36pm
post #47 of 57

Mis - I was trying not to bother you, but I have searched and searched for a link to Sweet Annie's icing to no avail. Do you mind posting the link? Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm
post #48 of 57

Hi Tracy!
I dont know the link - hopefully mis does - but I do have the recipe if she doesnt know it either .. feel free to PM me if you'd like it! Have a great Wednesday icon_smile.gif Gaye

GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:50pm
post #49 of 57

Hi Tracy!
I dont know the link - hopefully mis does - but I do have the recipe if she doesnt know it either .. feel free to PM me if you'd like it! Have a great Wednesday icon_smile.gif Gaye

GayeG Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 4:53pm
post #50 of 57

ok?! I ONLY hit the submit button ONCE *argh* SORRY!

psneed5 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #51 of 57

Here you go, Tracy. icon_smile.gif
http://pub45.bravenet.com/forum/3783415996/fetch/738936.

Twopeasinapod Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #52 of 57

Thanks! I have been wanting this recipe also. My family does not like almond flavor though. Can I just add that 1/2 tsp in the butter flavor also?

playingwithsugar Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 6:16pm
post #53 of 57

I rarely do cookies, and I usually use Toba's glacee icing on them.

I have a question for those who use RBC as the base on their cookies.

Does it dry like a glace icing does, or does it stay soft?

I know RBC is really, really sweet. Does it interfere with the taste of the cookie?

Thanks -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

mis Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:19pm
post #54 of 57

Tracy no bother at all. I bugged you already. LOL Yes I got the recipe off the site psneed5 posted.

Twopeasinapod, you can use any flavor you would like that would compliment your cookie. I do lemon, strawberry, mint, etc. HTH

mis Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 7:26pm
post #55 of 57

Oh playingwithsugar, I just noticed your birthday is the same as my daughter's.

I heard that RBC, is almost like MMF. And was told it is less sweeter than royal on a cookie. I haven't tried it yet.

TracyLH Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 5:10pm
post #56 of 57

Oops! I lost track of this one! If you see it, thanks Psneed and Mis! icon_biggrin.gif

michellesArt Posted 14 Jun 2009 , 10:01pm
post #57 of 57

i tried RBC but didn't like it-too sweet. i don't find it as sweet as RI. and i love using fondant and RI together. all you guys are so great (i need to catch up on the cookie gallery) and i feel like we're getting a bit of a shaft by being grouped in misc. i feel like we've been put on the back burner and it's a shame cuz there's SO much talent in there!! you guys are so generous with your time and talent and so welcoming!!we should totally have a cc cookie convention!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%