Ribbon Around Cupcakes....okay, How Do I Do It????? Help!

Decorating By lvspaisley Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm by Rose_N_Crantz

lvspaisley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvspaisley Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:17pm
post #1 of 9

I am working on a practice run of baby shower cupcakes. I am having a TERRIBLE time getting the ribbon around it that I want to use. It is sheer, no wire and maybe 1/4 inch wide. I really want to use this as I think it dresses it up so much. I used standard cupcake liners, the ones with pleats. I keep trying to tie it around but it's not working!! HELP???

Please, I beg you icon_wink.gif I need to send pictures to the girl ASAP

Kristi

8 replies
jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:48pm
post #2 of 9

are you leaving the liners on or covering the cupcakes and then putting on the ribbon? icon_confused.gif

dandelion56602 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandelion56602 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 9

Put dab of royal icing on the back part of the ribbon. Then stick it to the liner and tie it

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 12:33am
post #4 of 9

hot glue. make your bows separately and attach them on the join once the ribbon is on. You will kill yourself trying to tie them on.

lvspaisley Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 12:41am
post #5 of 9

I'm leaving the liners on LOL I thought maybe I should get some of those nut cups to bake in, so the cuppies won't be at an "angle" and will be straight up and down. I will try the glue gun...now I just gotta find mine <giggle>

Thanks so much.

want2bcupcakequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
want2bcupcakequeen Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 9

You could use glue dots. They can be found in the scrapbook area of Michael's or other craft stores.

lvspaisley Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 1:34am
post #7 of 9

Glue dots! REALLY!!! I will check the scrapbook section tomorrow icon_smile.gif THANKS!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:53am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

hot glue. make your bows separately and attach them on the join once the ribbon is on. You will kill yourself trying to tie them on.

That's pretty brilliant...I'm saving that idea for future use icon_smile.gif .

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourPots

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

That's pretty brilliant...I'm saving that idea for future use icon_smile.gif .

that is the one reason I've never tied ribbon around cupcakes because I thought it would be time consuming and tedious! Now I can do it! Yay!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%