Storing Unused Mmf

Decorating By sheilabelle Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm by kandu001

sheilabelle Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 8:01pm
post #1 of 6

How does everyone store their leftover MMF? I tried keeping mine the fridge and it seems to dry out. I have each other in a zip baggie and then all of the little baggies in a large zip baggie. I squish out as much air as possible. When I get it out the next time to use it, it seems very dry. I have a very hard time rolling it into a crack free ball.

5 replies
yangers Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm
post #2 of 6

Are you covering each ball of MMF with a little film of Crisco before placing in the bag and storing in the fridge? I give each ball of my leftover MMF a light coating of Crisco before storing and they are fine even after 2 weeks. Hope this helps!!

Tortess Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 6

After you put the Crisco on, instead of putting it in a bag, wrap it tightly in plastic before putting them all in the bigger bag. That will also help.

enoid Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:26pm
post #4 of 6

Same here. Coat it with shortening before putting it in a storage bag. Welcome Newbies.

sheilabelle Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 1:03am
post #5 of 6

Thanks everyone. I'll give the shortening a try. After rubbing the shortening on should I then wrap in some plastic wrap?

kandu001 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:30pm
post #6 of 6

Yep, wrap it in plastic wrap and then in a ziplock bag. You want to keep it from getting air in.

Quote by @%username% on %date%