How Do I Keep Colored Fondant From...

Decorating By mariela_ms Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 7:07pm by mariela_ms

mariela_ms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariela_ms Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 7

fading??

I make MMF and I always hate the fact that the colors fades away. Does this happen only to MMF or to regular fondant too?

Any tips? Ideas? Suggestions? on how to keep the colors from fading?

Thank you in advance!
thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 7

I have tried keeping it in air tight containers.and sometime wrapping the one color in foil.I have found that the Americolor Violet is really bad for holding it's violet color..it tends to turn a blue/grey but if you use the Americolor Regal purple it tends to hold a nice Lavender color.I have never had any problems with any other colors.HTH

mariela_ms Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 7:00pm
post #3 of 7

I actually used the violet color for cookies and it faded so bad! Thank you for your response!

Do you use regular Fondant or MMF?

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 7

I use a fondant from Dawn foods called Decorrice which is white fondant that smells like cotton candy..I have made MMF once and found it too stretchy like dough.

mariela_ms Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 7

Maybe it has something to do with the MMF. who knows... I heard something about keeping it away from the light. I don't sell cakes, I mostly do them for fun for friends and family so I don't order from any distributor.

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 7

The light may have something to do with it but I don't think it is the MMF...Some colors are notorious for fading and Violet is one of them!!

mariela_ms Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 7

I guess I'll just keep trying. I had stopped practicing with MMF because of the fading. But I'll just keep doing it. I love the look of fondant cakes and I need to practice.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%