Idea For My First Day At New Job....

Decorating By BabyD04 Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 12:16am by Redlotusninjagrl

BabyD04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyD04 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 7

Monday is my first day at a new job, I've been a stay at home mom for the last 5 years and am now getting back in the work field. The job is for legal assistant at a small firm and they were nice enough to take a chance on me without having the experience most people want. I would like to make a great first impression and make a nice cake or cupcakes. I'm planning on using fondant, what do you think would be a nice idea??

6 replies
amy2197 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy2197 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 7

all the guys at my husbands work love red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:50pm
post #3 of 7

I think it would be really cool to do a book, either open or closed, and put a gavel on top - maybe a pair of glasses? I'm not the best at being creative when it comes to a theme like this so that's all I got! lol

Tammi

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 7

I have been working in an office environment for fifteen years. If you want an honest opinion, I think maybe you shouldn't do that on your first day. I think it will be something nice for Friday, when the office will likely be more casual. You will be meeting everyone and doing your new employee paperwork. If you do get around to doing some actual work, you will likely be working with someone who will be training you. Bringing cupcakes will be a distraction for everyone including you. At this point, you may not even know if they have a central location to put cupcakes or a cake. And I would do cupcakes as that will create less mess. I would do something pretty simple and plain. And then as you get to know people, make things a little more suited to people's taste, particularly your boss's.

Good luck on your first day! Post a picture of whatever you do whenever you do it!

BabyD04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyD04 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:34am
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the tips and advice, After reading your message Redlotusninagrl, I decided to wait until Friday and have it as more of a "Thank you for being patient while training me" kinda thing. So thank you all again for the help!! icon_biggrin.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:45am
post #6 of 7

I was thinking along the same lines as Redlotusninjagrl, glad she posted, and that you found it good advice. Give yourself some time to settle in, and your co-workers a chance to know you as well. Good luck with the new job.

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:16am
post #7 of 7

Good luck on your first day! Post a picture of whatever you end up making.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%