Gumpaste Rose Bouquet

Decorating By jguilbeau Updated 8 Mar 2009 , 2:18pm by punkinpie

jguilbeau Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:01pm
post #1 of 7

I have a wedding cake to do in a couple of weeks and need to know - How do you insert a gumpaste rose bouquet as your cake topper? Do you just stick into the cake or lay it on top, or insert into something?

6 replies
bashini Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 9:08pm
post #2 of 7

Hi, you can use a thin cake bosrd, smaller than the tier which the flowers going on. Then Stick a ball of fondant on it, in the middle and then arrange the roses on the fodant. So you can take the whole thing and place it on the cake. ( hope it make sence)

kakeladi Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:06pm
post #3 of 7

There are several ways. What she ^^^^ said &/or
use a plastic drink straw
OR use a posy pick.

Never, ever stick any flower stems into a cake - real, plastic, or wire icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 5:07am
post #4 of 7

I do roses and other GP flowers on toothpicks, which are totally foodsafe and make it easy to stick flowers wherever I want them. icon_smile.gif

jguilbeau Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:12pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for your suggestions.

icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 12:48am
post #6 of 7

you can make a 3-4" circle of gumpaste , about 1/4 " thick ..let dry.. make your flowers and leaves.. let dry... place some fresh fondant on dried circle.. put a little water on circle to adhere fondant and build your bouquet.. the recepient , can the keep it.. in toba garrett's class. we build right on the fondant covered cake.. with the ball of fresh fondant and go from there... but putting it all on this circle.. is nice to keep

punkinpie Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 2:18pm
post #7 of 7

How do I ensure the bouquet doesn't get too heavy for a cake? Or do I have to worry?

Do toothpicks ever leave a 'wooden' flavour around the cake they are stuck in?

Quote by @%username% on %date%