Help I'm Crying..................

Decorating By panchanewjersey Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm by panchanewjersey

panchanewjersey Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:10pm
post #1 of 12

Last night I was making a cake purse fro my sil and as I was moving it to the other counter it fell over and I was doomed because it was not fixable. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Granted it was almost done just little minor things I needed. Please help I have a 13x9 oval cake that was going to be the bottom layer and the purse was going to be on top, I have no time to make anything else well maybe a little cake but not a purse, it's today(party) and I was up until 2am with this piece of crap cake, sorry so upset at myself. Any suggestiuons she's 34 and I really wanted something girly & cute, but remember bottom is carrot cake w/cream cheese. How should I decorate?

11 replies
Deb_ Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 12

Do you have time to make RKT's and shape it like a purse? It would be pretty quick, you could make a little one and then just decorate that.

I'm sorry, that completely stinks! ((((((hugs)))))) We've all been there, don't worry she'll be perfectly happy with whatever you make.

ngfcake Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 12

What about some flowers (like cherry blossoms, easy and beautiful) and some fondant butterflies? Or ribbon roses. You are very talented, I'm sure you'll be fine. Sorry that happened to you.

Tita9499 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 12

I'm sooooo sorry this happened to you icon_sad.gif . I know how devasting it can be to drop a cake (or come into the kitchen to find your dog eating it...)

The only thing I can think of that is personal or can be girly with an oval shape is like a cameo of a woman or girl inside a picture frame?
Just cut out a silhouette (you can look in the clip art of Word) out of fondant or gumpaste and put it in the middle and "frame" it with a dainty border.

Sorry I couldn't come up with something over the top to help you, my coffee hasn't kicked in yet

panchanewjersey Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:26pm
post #5 of 12

Thanks for listening and for suggestions. I thought about rkt purse I even had by dh go buy some right now but this purse is so labor intensive, it's got all these little detail that I'd been working on all week. so I just might make something........oh I just want to go back in time, or take a very long nap and not wake up until party's over.

rockysmommy Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 12

I am sorry this happened to you...I am sure anything that you do will be lovely...and she will love it. My heart goes out to you...I have been there.

ngfcake Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #7 of 12

Lots of hugs for you!!!

But you can't give up, you can do it! thumbs_up.gif

weirkd Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #8 of 12

Ive had some mishaps myself and i know they suck the big wazoo! Like when I made my mom's 80th birthday cake which was a basket of flowers. I drove it 7 hours away with no problems. Left it overnight at my mother inlaws and was called the day of the party (I also was doing all the cooking and decorating for this surprise party as well) and told that it was a mess.
I tried not to get upset and went to the local grocery store and bought one of their small cakes. Then I went over my MIL and disected the cake. It wasnt as bad as she had said but I lost an entire layor. So I used the store bought cake and stuck it on top and fixed it. It didnt look as good as it originally did but everyone was floored by it anyways! So maybe run to the store and get something like cupcakes, stick them on a stick and maybe decorate them girlier for it? That way your still having an awesome cake and no one will know the difference!! (You can also try making a quickie purse too).
Big hugs, We have all been there at one time or the other and probably will be there again at some point. Just keep your chin up and remember that you have cake goggles. What you think of as a disaster, no one else would realize!

fondantfrenzy Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:32pm
post #9 of 12

Why dont you make a regualr cake and make fondant purse and fondant shoes? That would be just as cute...

panchanewjersey Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:52pm
post #10 of 12
Originally Posted by fondantfrenzy

Why dont you make a regualr cake and make fondant purse and fondant shoes? That would be just as cute...

I thought about that but shoes take a bit to dry and party's at 3, I'm working on something I'll post it tomorrow, so rushed thanks a bunch again. Hugs & kisses to all who heard me.

fondantfrenzy Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 7:35pm
post #11 of 12

panchanewjersey Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 8:27pm
post #12 of 12

Ok sorry for all the tears and drama, thought I'd post my disaster and the last minute replacement cake which wasn't that great either but after all that, thanks to all who took the time to read and respond to my forum. I hope the picture comes up, sorry if it doesn't work but I've never put a picture up. Sorry but it says I need a smaller picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%