Wilton Bear Pan

Decorating By Katiebelle74 Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 8:46pm by veejaytx

Katiebelle74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiebelle74 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 5

Oh I am so frustrated as the second bear cake is in the oven at 10 am this morning and due out this afternoon! Yikes. The first one baked yesterday fell all apart. Lots of ingredients straight into the trash. This one better work! I am going to be ready to throw this pan out the window. This is my first time using it and I am not liking it so far. Anyone else out there had experience with this pan?

4 replies
samantha22c Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
samantha22c Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:46pm
post #2 of 5

Are you using the 3D bear pan?

plbennett_8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
plbennett_8 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:43pm
post #3 of 5

With the 3D bear pan, you have to use a cooling method... First let it sit when it first comes out for about 15 minutes. Then take off one side of the pan and let it cool. Replace that side of the pan, turn it over and remove the other side of the pan and let that cool. Do that several times until it is completely cooled. I then put mine in the freezer to completely firm up... Hope that helps. icon_smile.gif

natou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natou Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:51pm
post #4 of 5

I always use a pound cake mix when I make a 3D cake in a 3D pan, it is much more firmer.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 8:46pm
post #5 of 5

I definitely agree with plbennet! I only have the small 3D bear and the duck, but still have to let the cake cool for a while in one side of the pan and then switch to the other side to finish.

Another thing I do with my little bear is be sure to put something on the rack under the cake while it bakes, mine almost always overflows. Once I forgot to lower the baking rack a little and the overflow burned on the element, really smelled awful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%