My Cake Is Travelling As We Speak ....

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm by AFBarbie

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 9

I read about people here all the time who have delivered their cakes a world away, but I'd never had one of my cakes have to travel before today. I made a baby shower cake for a friend, who is having her party in another state. I am stuck in the hospital today, but since my friends know me, they wanted me to make the cake instea of somebody they don't know at the location of the party. So I made my baby shower cake (will post a pic in a minute!) this week for them, and it is currently sitting in somebody's car making a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long drive to the shower. I made sure it was as stable as possible (only two tiers, but remember I;ve never travelled with cakes and I'm a chicken) and told them to keep it cool in the car (doesn't require refrigeration, but I don't want it melting in our lovely Texas weather) ... I'll be a little on edge until I hear the thing made it there icon_smile.gif.

Just thought I'd pass along some of my high-wiredness icon_smile.gif.

-Emi.

8 replies
emiyeric Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:12pm
post #2 of 9

Okay, it's posted, here's the link ...

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1322929

Should be fine, but my post-call friend is holding it, so I hope she doesn't fall face-first into it. I'm such a ninny ... This is why I would rather be the one delivering my cakes! icon_smile.gif

-Emi.

emiyeric Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 9

I saw my friend this morning at the hospital, and things apparently went very well! The cake made it safe and sound, and they didn't even stop their driving except to get gas, so there were no issues with it getting left in the car or anything along those lines. Can anybody say "PHEW!" ? icon_smile.gif

TrinaH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrinaH Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 7:51pm
post #4 of 9

Your cake is very cute! I love it! I'm so glad it made it to the venue in tact!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 8:15pm
post #5 of 9

I know how you feel... i recently sent a 3 tier wedding cake assembled brides request via a courier over 6 hour drive from me... i was as nervous as anything as i am when sending any of my cakes but this was the first 3 tier wedding cake i had ever sent. It arrived safe and sound and she was over the moon with it...

emiyeric Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:30am
post #6 of 9

Heehee, I'm glad somebody responded, since it was beginning to sound like the Emi monologue here icon_smile.gif. I can't imagine sending a wedding cake with somebody else! I was nervous enough with a two-tier baby shower cake for somebody I know! icon_smile.gif

misserica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misserica Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 12:50am
post #7 of 9

Oh so glad to hear the cake made it! It is very cute.
I had to send the 25th surprise party cake in my pictures with someone else (I was taking the person being surprised in my car)...I told the girl driving the cake (into Midtown Manhattan) to drive as though she had her own newborn child in her car...it made it but I was in knots the whole time until I was reunited with my creation lol. I too am a ninny, I think I feel better taking cakes myself so that if something happens I can blame myself and not be mad that someone else broke/wrecked/ruined what I worked hard on.

emiyeric Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 2:40pm
post #8 of 9

"Her own newborn" ... I like that! As long as she didn't try to burp it icon_smile.gif.

Haha ... I'm punchy icon_smile.gif ...

AFBarbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AFBarbie Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 10:26pm
post #9 of 9

What a beautiful cake! I'm glad it made it to the shower location. Now take a deep breath, breathe!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%