Flavorings & Extracts

Decorating By vita752001 Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 11:05pm by Beckalita

vita752001 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:55am
post #1 of 4

Please help. I need an advice to buy the right flavorings/extracts. I bought The Silver Cloud Brand (my big mistake) icon_cry.gif I got rid most of them, the extracts taste good but the flavorings taste terrible. I baked the strawberry cake few days ago, I used frozen strawberries and added 1 tsp of Silver Cloud Strawberry flavoring, it's ruin everything, I just threw it in the garbage. Same with the pineapple, chocolate and pistachio flavorings, all taste like chemical. The orange and lemon extracts taste great. I want to try the Ck product, but I'm afraid I'll be disappointed again.

3 replies
Monkess Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 4

I use the Lorraine flavors and love the taste. Just bought these droppers for my little botttles and it is so much easier to just add a few drops. Made a delicious lemon cake yesterday -the filling was scrumptious...I love Lorraine flavors, they come in a huge variety.

dreamdelights Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 4

i just ordered some flavorings from National Flavor.com as suggested by a fellow CC member. I hope they don't taste like crap because I ordered quite a few.

Beckalita Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:05pm
post #4 of 4

I haven't tried the CK brand, but I've had good luck with most of the LorAnn flavor oils. A lot of members here also have gotten free samples of flavoring compounds from www.amoretti.com, I'm waiting to see what the results are with those....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%