Fbct- Same Icing On Whole Cake?

Decorating By SueW Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 9:18pm by SueW

SueW Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:32am
post #1 of 9

I have been using the recipe here on CC for buttercream for FBCT and it tastes so great I started using it to ice the whole cake too, problem is it doesn't crust well at all!

Do you use one icing for the FBCT and a different on e to ice the cake? Can you please tell me what icing you use for FBCT?

Thanks everyone!

8 replies
panchanewjersey Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:48am
post #2 of 9

It just depends on what kind of cake I'm doing and how I'm decorating. But if I'm using fondant accents I don't use the same bc, I switch to a creamier inside and crusting outside. I don't really have a favorite bc since I don't even eat it I just take it all off, I know I'm weird, I LOOOOOVVVEE whipped cream that's why, you can give me slice of cream with no cake and I'm happy.lol

indydebi Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 12:30am
post #3 of 9

I have one icing recipe and I use it for everything.

Everything.

tracey1970 Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:45am
post #4 of 9

Me too. I use the same crusting buttercream for the FBCT and the whole cake.

tarheelgirl Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:55am
post #5 of 9

I don't switch up either. One icing for it all!

Sweet-Kakes Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:07am
post #6 of 9

I'm sorry, but what is FBCT? I know it's something-buttercream-something. All the different types of buttercream, I'm still trying to learn them all. Thanks!

miss-tiff Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:28am
post #7 of 9

http://cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

Frozen Buttercream Transfer (FBCT). The tutorial on here is great, and I was really pleased with how easy it was. I used cream cheese icing, because I put my design on a carrot cake, and it worked just fine.

momtofourmonkeys Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 4:08am
post #8 of 9

Same icing for all here too when icing in all bc! Makes things much easier. I also use indydebi's recipe. YUM!

The only time I don't is when making Chocolate BC. Then I use indydebi's for the FBCT and another recipe for the Chocolate.

SueW Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 9:18pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks everyone, I love my FBCT icing but it doesn't crust well at all so I am trying to decide what to do. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%