Royal Icing Art Deco Designs

Decorating By Sparklycake Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 1:05am by Sparklycake

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 3

I have an exam in Royal Icing Techniques coming off and one of my projects is a royal iced board, which I have to put on sectional collars and a run out motiff.

I seen a beautiful picture in a magazine that I would like to re-create, but it was a miniature photo on a readers page, not a good angle to photocopy as a template, the cake designer's name wasn't shown.

Basically it had a pink background and a black silhouette of an Art Deco Lady in what I can only describe as a skull cap with three feathers sticking out of it, it was just her face.

I can't find the picture or even something similar online so far and I was wondering if anyone would know a website which I might get Art Deco designs from (like colouring pages, etc). I'm also looking for idea's for floating collars in Art Deco also.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 replies
antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 3

Not sure about the pink cake itself, but I think you are describing the famous Art Deco movement work of Erte, from the 1920s? He was a Russian-born artist, but was famous for his work in Paris...especially his depictions of glamourous and elegant women in fashions of that era.

I'm pretty sure this is what you were looking at?

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=erte&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 1:05am
post #3 of 3

Thanks Antonia,

I actually found the logo I was looking for on an Auction Site called Ruby Lane, luckily I saved it to my hard disk I noticed this evening, its gone!!!

Anyway thanks for your help.

Martina

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%